Application Submitted, here's my re-fitted TK (ANH Stunt)

I picked up a set of armor from a local 501st member in mid Sept. He is 5' 11" 230lbs. I'm 6' 180lbs. Much more work than I thought to re-size it, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I updated just about everything, straps, helmet interior, cut, snip trim most of the armor and all new velcro where needed.

Here's what it looked like the first time I tried it on.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=16878&view=findpost&p=204183

Here's where it is today when I submitted my application. Let me know what you all think.

IMG_4273Small.jpg

IMG_4274Small.jpg

IMG_4276Small.jpg

IMG_4277Small.jpg

IMG_4278Small.jpg

IMG_4279Small.jpg

IMG_4280Small.jpg

IMG_4281Small.jpg

IMG_4282Small.jpg

IMG_4283Small.jpg

IMG_4286Small.jpg

IMG_4287Small.jpg

IMG_4290Small.jpg

IMG_4291Small.jpg

IMG_4292Small.jpg

IMG_4293Small.jpg

IMG_4298Small.jpg

IMG_4299Small.jpg

IMG_4300Small.jpg

great resizing, but i think your belt (canvas ?!) is to wide. It should be 3,0"

Yep, it is a bit over 3". Hoping it will be ok initially and the whole rig was approved for the previous owner. I do plan on updating the belt as well as a few other things after approval as I march towards EIB.

Awesome, could you throw in a pic of the helmet interior? Looks pretty nice from here.

Will do later tonight. Only thing not installed is the mic, I'm working on that now. I'd like a chinstrap but I may not get to that until next week. I am quite proud of how the interior came out though. I'll post before and after pics.

Saw your app on the GML main forums. You did a great job on the resize. My only comments were to replace that helmet some day and you could go EI I think immediately. Lastly, if you ever have the funds & time, getting some larger thighs like RT may help the overall look.

Congrats James - you look good :)

Thanks and I agree. I think I'll tackle the thighs first and keep an eye out for an RT or TM helmet.

I really, really want a DLT-19 too!

Also have helmet interior pics I'll post shortly. Very proud of how it came out. Only thing left is to install a chinstrap and I'm good for now. Also made it in such a way that almost everything inside can be moved to a new bucket.

Edited by James

Awesome, could you throw in a pic of the helmet interior? Looks pretty nice from here.

Will do later tonight. Only thing not installed is the mic, I'm working on that now. I'd like a chinstrap but I may not get to that until next week. I am quite proud of how the interior came out though. I'll post before and after pics.

Ok, finally here they are. First two are the "before" pics. The rest were taken last night after I was able to mount the mic.

Before

before1Small.jpg

before2Small.jpg

After

IMG_4303Small.jpg

IMG_4304Small.jpg

IMG_4305Small.jpg

IMG_4306Small.jpg

IMG_4307Small.jpg

IMG_4308Small.jpg

IMG_4310Small.jpg

IMG_4311Small.jpg

Edited by James

I have one squirrel fan and with fresh batteries it blows a strong breeze right at my face, and also makes it hard to hear what others are saying. I can't imagine having two going at once!

I found that out too... had to keep taking off my bucket - then finally went with no fans. :)

James, I like what you did with your bucket. I need to get a mic, too. Nice alteration on your armor, btw.

My first troop with the 501st was Sat at Boo in the Zoo in Atl. What a stone cold blast. Weather was 55 and sunny, so no fans were used. I unofficially trooped again on Mon afternoon and picked up my daughter from school, in full gear. :) I used one fan on and off. Later at night on Mon I had the armor on from about 5pm to 10pm. While trick or treating with my daughter I used one fan only, off and on though a bit more than before. We'll see how I fare when I'm in a hotter environment, so far it's been great fall weather.

Thanks for the compliment(s). Armor is doing well. Only had one snap plate fail on the backplate. I have three so no major malfunctions occurred. For now it's patched with a velcro strip. I may well go to all velcro, 4 2" straps between the back plate and kidney. Haven't decided.

Edited by James