Couple of build questions

Howdy all -

Substantial progress made on the build today. Haven't started a build thread, even though I know I should. I've been following most of the advice on here and am very appreciative of all those who have gone before. I have two short questions that I'm hoping y'all can help me with. I'm building an AM kit, in the style of ANH Stunt.

1) The knee power cell attachment

I couldn't get mine centered without the edges looking a little weird. It's an awkward fit, and I think it feels that way and would be different for everyone based on how tapered the thigh piece is at the knee. I wanted to see how everyone thought of this, since the next step is riveting, and I really, really, really don't want to have to do this more than once. :)

gAMRWpD.jpg

The boxes adjust slightly to the outside of the leg, which I think would help with walking - but I wanted to check with the FISD to make sure I was assuming something imaginary.

The AM kit (and I assume others) around the knee are not perfectly round, but have corners around the knee. I was able to line the power packs up to the top of the lip on either side, as far back to each corner. (But that's when it makes it off center.

Look good? Rivet away?

hOFiYUZ.jpg

7tpYuu4.jpg

Second question:

I'm looking to attach the shoulder bridges to the chest piece, but the creases in the chest prevent the bridge from laying flat. Am I placing the bridge on in the wrong place/wrong angle, or is there some massive heat warping that needs to take place here (something I'd like to avoid...)?

YVtxrWT.jpg

Or is the shoulder bridge supposed to go on like this - on the far side of the crease in the chestpiece?

M3tmf4t.jpg

If it's over on the far side of the crease, it's angled in a strange way that I can't see how it would lay flat on the backpiece (floating, but still off from where it would meet the backplate. Plus there's an unslightly gap between the shoulder and chestpiece on the neckside if I close the gap on the shoulder side).

ae3Tq7V.jpg

Any recommendations on how to fix this? I'm looking for this build to be EIB/Cent qualified, so any solutions that don't keep that from happening (i.e. riveting the shoulder bridge) would be most appreciated!

Thanks, brothers and sisters in white!

Dan

Ref the shoulder straps: it should come over the front and there should be 5 of the little bars on the chest piece, with the 5th bar being even with the top edge of the chest piece. That is what the screen shots showed that I saw someone post the other day and I counted so I knew where to place mine. I will try to find the post to show you.

Yeah, the more I look at folks' builds, I think the power cell placement is good. Doesn't look like they tend to be perfectly centered.

I'm still curious about the shoulder bridge placement, though. I'm looking at putting it down 4 or5 notches on the front, but that's where the crease in the chestplate is, causing the gap. I noticed that on some previous AM builds (Hedji and Kaptinkaos) they mentioned using a heat gun. Is that the only/best solution? I don't have a heat gun - so I was hoping there was an easier solution.