Another Dumb Question...

sorry guys... i'm sure some of you are rolling your eyes (yet, once again) from a noob query.

the left forearm seems to be way too narrow (diameter). would i have any issues leaving a width of 4cm from ridge to ridge? there's no way to bring that down to typical 15-16mm width (the outer, or the top seam is cut to 15-16mm already...), and there's no way to use the overlap method (for obvious reasons).

Thoughts?

67ealtH.jpg

Typically, left forearms do rum a bit smaller. There is no "rules" when it comes to how much ridge shows on the sides of the connecting strips. Just make sure your cuts are straight. Use a strip of masking tape as your guide. After trimming, check your fit by taping the forearm together. Trim a little more if necessary. The only thing you will need to deal with after that is the top edge. One side might be taller than the other requiring you to create a new reveal. By the way, the ONLY dumb question is the one that is not asked and then leads to a mistake.

Edited by gazmosis

thanks! unfortunately, i have no more material to trim away at the elbow end of the armor. it literally cuts off circulation... i have barely enough at the hand side.

could I trim most of the return edge at the elbow end to give me room, or is this a no-no for 501st acceptance?

do i still use 15mm finishing strip to cover up my 40mm ridge to ridge distance or is in better to use 38 ish mm finishing strip?

and lastly, do most of you guys have a tapered forearm assembly where it's narrower at the hand side of the armor??

The only thing you will need to deal with after that is the top edge. One side might be taller than the other requiring you to create a new reveal.

could you clarify, please? taller? new reveal?

your cover strips should be 15mm keep em small and it will look good!

you can trim as much from the inside of the elbow as you need.

remove the return on the inside of the elbow, and you can even shorten the forearm at the elbow inside.

remove all wrist return.

keep the return at the outside of the elbow, about 1/8" keep it pretty wide. it looks more accurate.