Your experience with armor?

To all,

I'm a newbie here so go easy on me.

I've been reading about 501st legion and your work with a various charity is one if the biggest reason I want to join. And the fact that I do love star wars is second reason.

I've been reading your forum and have learned alot and have a lots questions.

1. I've been reading re. many of armor kit makers here in forum and I'm learning toward AM ABS kit due to easy assembly. I'm 5'9" about 195 lbs. And don't have tons of "kit or model building" experience. Has any have any experience with AM kits? Do you recommend them?

2. I live near Rancho Cucamonga, Ca / Inland empire, is there any upcoming troop meeting? I would to attend if there is one.

Thank you

Alex

Hello Alex Welcome to the FISD.

First thing i would do is go to the new members area and formally introduc your self.

Second get in contact with your local 501st. talk meet and get to know them.

Third and one of the most important things is keep on reading, after that read some more and once u think u have a basic idea READ some more :D

The main reason to dwell on the reading is that the more u read is in direct corolation to less money spent and a better build!!!!!

One page i luv that i send all new guys to is this one:

----------

once u read this, come back here and look for each different one with the search engine and learn all u can about each one

There is a perfect armor for u but which one that up to u to make the final decition!!!!!!

Take your time dont rush the research part, like they say " a fool and his money are soon departed"

Stay away from Evil bay and similar places

If u cant find a answer with the search engine ( doubtfull) dont be afraid to ask.

After all this choose which TK u want to do. ANH,ESB.ROTJ, HWT, TK comander etc etc etc

Hmmmmm i think thats it...... othere will chime in. dont forget to go to the new member area and introduce yurself!!!

Once again Welcome!!!! :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey there, Alex! Welcome!! Let's not sugar coat this. Whatever armor you decide to go with, you are going to spend some money making your armor the way you want. The LAST thing any of us want to see anyone experience is regret. I shoulda this...or I shoulda that...... Depending on your level of love for Star Wars (isn't that why we are all here) one thing you need to consider is what level of accuracy you wish to acheive. Do you eventually want EIB or centurion status? To some that is not important. But to others, it is everything. A lot goes into your final decision ($$, body type etc..) but one of THE most important things to consider is your reaction when you look in the mirror for the first time. Once in the armor, you will become someone else. It would be terrible to put on the armor and be disappointed. Make sure you do your homework and come up with a decision that you will be satisfied with.

This is the greatest source of information you will ever have on your side and these are the greatest people on the planet when it comes to this hobby. You have all the tools to make your dreams in armor come true. Could I be any more dramatic!!!! (insert corny music here)

Anyway, WELCOME!!!

Thanks for all your help and input.. they are great.

I wrote a little introduction on "introduction" section, which i forgot to do yesterday.

Hope to meet with you guys soon.

Thanks for all your advises, keep them coming.

thanks

Alex