Canvas belt size vs size of armor belt face question

Woulf

Hope Im posting this in the right place. Tried to find information but got mixed results. Im assembling a TK as we speak but have run into an area of question.

My armor belt face measures 3 and 3/8", and my canvas belt measures 3 and 1/4". The question i have is after looking at film clips and talking to other TKs the canvas belt is the same size as the TK armor face of the belt after the 45s have been cut on the ends.

With my armor, if i take small 45s, the belt face will measure about 2 and 7/8". With this in mind, my canvas belt will be 3/8" wider then the 45s cut.

I read the ANH stunt requirements and they say canvas belt should be between 3" and 3.5" so if i go even the 3" belt it would be bigger then the armor face.

Is this an issue or can i go with my 3 and 1/4 belt and have the armor face of the belt at the 45s be smaller?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ya, thats fine man, just as it says, as long as its pretty much 3 to 3.5 inches its ok. when you put the center of the canvas belt in the center of the ammo belt, theres only going to be 1/16" on the top and bottom so the canvas belt will look just as big as the main part of the ammo belt. Thats how mine is. The belt doesn't have to be the exact size of the space between the 45 degree cuts at the end if thats what you're asking. So keep your 3 1/4 inch belt, it will look just fine.

Sorry, my computer skills arent exactly stellar, but here is a "drawing" of what my TK belt will look like if I go as everything is trimmed right now. Hopefully this will let you see what im talking about. If it's ok that the canvas belt is wider then the area between the 45s on my belt face (as drawing shows) then I'm ok, however if the belt should be the same size as the margin between, then I must get a new belt, even tho mine is the size as spec'd in the CRL

post-15263-0-51362400-1317569491_thumb.png

• 3 months later...