AP forearms. help please

Im on to the forearms and having trouble.Ive roughly taped two sides together for a test fit and my hand does not go through.Can I clamshell these or space them apart more incressing the width of the joining strip?

SyXLGeg.jpg

A pic of the small end.I know there is no return edge at the small end. does that include the bit near the dimples?

you can try gluing one side and then letting the other side overlap but with the TOP having a false strip to 'cover' the join.

but really you want to trim the forearm with your arm bent and flexed, as your muscles will enlarge with your

arm bent.

you should glue both sides together if you can. just trim the forearm so that it is cut with both parts meeting

with a cut exactly your arm size. then you put 15mm strips over the join.

you can put an inside strip to help make it stronger.

tape both sides together so that your hand fits. bend your arm over your head to test.

mark the parts where they overlap and cut that off.

tape the join from the inside with white duct tape.

center and clamp the finishing strip over the join from the outside.

apply magnets or clamps to hold the finish strip.

when dry remove the white tape from the inside... or leave it?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Ive trimed just about as much as I can and at this point can squeze my hand through.

I have take'n less off the back side and think it will look strange with the 15mm cover strips.

to give you an idea what im looking at the green tape 24mm.

Any ideas?

sfCq9n1.jpg

even 15mm will look funny on th above pic

YF7NuUc.jpg

Are you butt-seaming, or overlapping? If you're overlapping you won't stand much chance.

I buttseamed, but still had to leave a gap and join with an inside finishing strip. I then used 20mm covering strips on the outside and 30mm on my legs (tree trunks.) It won't look off if you're consistent

I can see that there is still a minimal amount of return edge on the wrist, so best to cut it all off completely.

Try and squeeze the wrist area as you put your hand through and don't expect your hand to just slip through. I think I would prefer to have the wrist tight than having to use extra wide strips or shims just to make it easier to get them on or off.

If you have to use wide strips or shims then go for it. I think if you have to have overlap edges wider than standard it is better to use wider joining strips like 20mm or so.