REQUEST FOR Doopydoos (all-resin) Inner Bolt + Spring

Hi, all -

I was wondering if anyone could post a how-to on making the inner bolt and spring for the Doopydoos all-resin kit? While Martin has a fantastic build going over on----------- he included his how-to on a working bolt. What about a simple non-working one for those of us less talented folks? :-)

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Thanks for the kind words :D

I was going to redirect you to my tutorial, but as you're looking for a simpler version, I don't know what to recommend that would look good - but still be very easy to manufacture.

I suppose you might just cut out a piece of ABS or similar thin plastic in the shape of the piece i made, and glue the cocking handle to that, and then glue that in the slot. Might be hard to get it to sit securely without having anything behind it...

Ya, not too sure about the bolt, but here's what i did for my spring. I went to ace hardware and they have a bunch of different springs you can check out. The ones that fit best in my gun weren't long enough so i bought 2 and then cut them down and JB welded them together. I cut it in such a way so i would have 2 flat ends on my new spring instead of one end just poking out. This way it would also look like one continuous spring instead of having a bunch of loops on the center. The big blob on the spring is the JB weld which i'm going to leave instead of sanding down so it has the strength, its easy enough to hide it with such a small slit for seeing into it. Also what i did is i made it just longer than the length between the bolt and the end cap so its slightly compressed so the spring wouldn't rattle around as i move it. In one of pandatrooper's builds he made the main bolt part that goes over the ejection port out of a piece of wood. So maybe if you have a scrap block of wood laying around you could probably shape something from that.

ARRsyOW.jpg

UMooyMs.jpg

The all resin doopy doo's parts doesn't is hallow all the way through the barrel huh? I forgot about that. I have my spring sandwiched between the end cap and the bolt that you put down the barrel in the doopy doo's pipe kit. You could just epoxy the spring against the inside of the end cap if you don't put a bolt in.