R2-E2's first Build! [AP]

R2-E2

Hey guys,

I've started my first build and thought I'd share. I'll start by posting the helmet since I finished it already (except installing the lenses) Any feedback is welcome as it's my first build :)

Started by painting the inside black, though it would look a little more polished:

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

Then cut the eyes out. I noticed a lot of people seem to not cut the eyes out far enough so I just kept going until I thought they looked good. Kinda scary but totally worth it:

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

Then the teeth:

DSC00174.jpg

I apparently neglected to take pics of putting the two pieces together and putting the ears on...my bad! I then taped and painted the teeth and ears.

BEGINNERS TIP: even using electrical tape on the teeth, the paint still bleeds, I had to go back through and clean it up by hand. I shoulda just painted it by hand because it really wasn't that bad. Should've listened to every else!

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

Then I added all of the stickers and the brow trim back on:

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

brow looks a little crooked...so I might fix that. I also need help installing the lenses!

BEST TIP I'VE READ: When placing decals, dip them in water with a few drops of dish soap mixed in. That lets you slide them around to place them and get the air bubbles out by rubbing it down with a paper towel. (I think that came from TrooperMaster)

Thanks for looking. More build coming later

The tube stripes are on the wrong sides. The curve on the the last stripe just above the mic tip recesses curves inward when it is on the correct side. Other than that it looks great. Awesome work on the ears!

Edited by TK-7980

It seems to be a common mistake, yeah.

The only people who might notice are nerds like us. ;) It's up to you if you wanna change it though unless you want to go for EIB or Centurion or something.

Well, it shouldn't really matter since each one was done by hand, they would all be unique right? As long as one isn't going for a specific suit of armor from the movie anyway. I'm trying for centurion, hope I don't have to redo my tube stripes

The tube stripes are on the wrong sides. The curve on the the last stripe just above the mic tip recesses curves inward when it is on the correct side. Other than that it looks great. Awesome work on the ears!

I don't see how.I think the AP tube decals are Identical arnt they?When I put mine on everthing was marked left or right except for the tube stripes.

Edited by DudeSidious

• 3 months later...

R2 E2, your hemet looks awesome! I to am starting my first build and it is AP armor as well. I have a couple of questions for you. First, when you painted the inside of the helmet did you spray white first then black or just went straight to black? (curious if no white primer would the black make the helmet look alittle gray on the outside). Second where did you find that helmet stand? Thanks, Danny.

• 1 month later...