Good fitting guide?

I started working on my suit today. Needless to say I'm nervous.

Here's what is bothering me. I'm looking for a good fitting guide. For example, when I put together my forearms, I have no clue if it's too big and should be trimmed it down further. Are there some general rules on finger spaces between armor and skin? I found tons of videos on actually assembly, but nothing on actual fitting. How is your armor generally suppose to fit?

If someone could point me to something, I would be most grateful. If I overlooked some good links, I apologize.

when i fit mine I tried to fit it according to the promo trooper standup. I then made very minor adjustments in order to walk, sit (barely), go up stairs, go down stairs and not cut my man parts in two while walking parades. :)

It is all a case of individual fit. Have pics nearby as a guide. Make sure to have on your undersuit when trimming to fit. Some undersuits are compression so if you fit to your arm without it, it may be loose with it. A rule in general is a snug fit without being uncomfortable. You don;t want things too tight then you can't move and risk things breaking or snaps popping, you don't want things too loose or you'll look wonky. Use picture comparisons.

• 1 year later...

I had the same questions.  Basically the way I did it was to go ahead and trim, glue and finish strip the raised side of each part - leaving the other side uncut.  The raised side is the the "show side", for example the front of the shin, the front of the leg and arms. The back side does not have a raised edge so I kept it uncut. once that is done, I used blue painters tape to fit the part to my arms and legs. Adjusting the tape until I thought it felt right. The fitting is based on this.. Can I get it on and off? Can I move my arm/leg normally? Does it pinch or rub? Visually does the end of the part match in size and shape the part it joins to?..for example does the end of the forearm resemble the size where it meets up with the bicep. Just like trying on clothes, you will know after a few minutes if its not right. I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds. Besides height, I don't have any unusual big or small measurements. This method may not work if you have bodybuilder arms or thighs of a running back. Just take it slow, If your still not sure, mark it, then back it off a little to make it larger - you can all ways trim more off later. I hope this helps.