TM 2011 ANH Stunt Kit a.k.a My First TK

First complete part yay

Right Forearm modelled on a skinny pipe built mannequin

Forearm3.jpg

Forearm2.jpg

Forearm1.jpg

Second forearm unglued, corrected and reglued and clamped.

2 biceps fitted, tested, trimmed and glued, ready in 24hrs

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update of some completed parts

Completedparts3.jpg

Completedparts2.jpg

completedparts.jpg

Currently gluing thighs, then working on shins. Thigh fit seems ok but I think I will have to trim the shins slightly, will refit when thighs are done to recheck everything.

Some updates

Had issues with front thigh cover strips but after a couple of go's at it (Thanks god E6000 is so forgiving) they are not looking too bad now

Thighs2.jpg

Lovelythighs.jpg

Also got the shoulder joins on

Chestplateshoulders.jpg

The using TrooperMasters great strapping guide I have started fixing snap plates to the Kidney, I will then test fit using tape to ensure remaining plates allow the armour to sit right before gluing

Kidneyplatesnapplates.jpg

And glued one on the butt cod

Buttplatecodsnapplate.jpg

The using TrooperMasters great strapping guide I have started fixing snap plates to the Kidney, I will then test fit using tape to ensure remaining plates allow the armour to sit right before gluing

Kidneyplatesnapplates.jpg

And glued one on the butt cod

Buttplatecodsnapplate.jpg

I would like to ask a question. is the glue your using is E6000 on this pictures?

Edited by Black Hawk

Looks good! But I'm wondering why you cut away all the return edge on the torso parts? Comfort or something else?

As I was not going for screen accurate strapping alot of the edges were not needed and also gives a nice fit with alot of movement and no nips yet, and as a first build it was a learning curve but I still think it looks great and am really happy with it. As its the 2mm it has a really nice weight to it and fits real nice

I was just wondering. I have alot of return edge on my 2mm tm and for me it gives the illusjon of thicker armor. But I do understand that you would give them up for better comfort and movement. The suit still looks good^^

Edited by Acima

I think having a little bit of return gives you that illusion of thick armour and that it looks a lot better with it. So far i've had no issues with my returns.

I just mixed the edges and have some, I definately think its each to their own when deciding on edges and I think my armour looks and feels great with how I have done it so far, 2mm is a comparitively heavyweight armour and looks considerable regardless of where the edges are, but that is just my humble opinion.

I dont think my decisions have detracted from the awesome quality of TM's armour and as I said I have absolutely no second thoughts on where I have and have not cut

It is a damn fine armour, and I look sexy in it :D

To cut or not to cut that is the question, fortunately it comes with a multiple choice answer.

Few updates.

Bought some black Chelsea boots and dyed them

08092011820.jpg

Attached ammo belt to thigh and Sniper plate to shin

09092011824.jpg

09092011825.jpg

Sniper plate was a slave Leia and didnt line up so had to rivet it to be sure it would stay. so no Expert badge lol

I'm drunk. But what I think TM is trying to say is that you could glue the knee plate without needing to rivet it with just using some glue, which would be more screen accurate.

That's right.

Alan mentioned no Expert Infantry badge due to the rivets so I thought I would give him the tip about gluing it on (even though it's too late now). I must admit that it is more difficult to attach the thicker and more rigid 2mm ABS knee plate with glue than the flexible 1.5mm ABS, but it can be done if you use the method I mentioned.

Need advice on thigh and shin fitting

Had a test fit with thighs and shins today, results as follows

5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Shins do not yet have strips/velcro on the rear but this test was for the length etc

The parts have been assembled without any trimming to the lengths. As I am only 5ft 5 (thereabouts) the standard sizes allow little movement and are overlapping and touching just whilst standing. What would be the best approach to sizing these to a better fit?

Thanks