Cast from Original (CfO) - ROTJ Death Star stormtrooper build - Going for the hattrick! [*CFO]

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as you can tell from the photos that I've got, that looks pretty decent. The one picture it doesn't seem to match is this one below. Having said that, it looks like this is a tour suit and from the extra rivet in the plastic part of the belt, it looks like the belt's been replaced. It looks like a different material altogether. If you can spare me a length of that material for my belt, I would be much obliged, sir! Looks good to me! :)

5419475875_a2b7a11c5c_z.jpg

but are tour suit belts made from the same material as the movie belts ?

The one picture it doesn't seem to match is this one below. Having said that, it looks like this is a tour suit and from the extra rivet in the plastic part of the belt, it looks like the belt's been replaced. It looks like a different material altogether.

yes i read that, but the extra rivet doesn't necessarily = replaced belt it might have simply popped off the rivet

It was the conclusion I drew (filling in the blanks and doing a lot of guesswork). Tour suits started off as ROTJ suits - tour suits started off with the original belt material - one tour suit seems to have very different belt material to what I see in the screen caps - it was replaced - I'm not going to try and replicate that material even though it's the best close-up available.

Now stop pretending you've read stuff, being a Gerodie smart-@rse and find us some better belt material! :P;)

Edited by Rick330

16th August

I received my armour trim today.

This is the stuff (as recommended by Mason – thanks again!):

http://greatlakesski...molding-ft.html

For overseas shipping, their eBay store is cheaper:

http://myworld.ebay....sid=p4340.l2559

http://cgi.ebay.com/...essoriesQ5fGear

I paid a total of $80.01 (about 65 euros) for a length of 30ft.

The outer dimension is very close to 10mm which, according to troopermaster, is the right size.

DSCF1233.jpg

DSCF1234.jpg

DSCF1235.jpg

DSCF1236.jpg

Happy with this! Thanks for the input, Mason and Paul.

Edited by Rick330

I think fenixprops is cheaper but they are not on ebay for some reason?

I have his email and have asked for a quote for 100 meters of the stuff.......

This would probably be worth looking into for you guys. You could offer it as an accessory with the kits. We're a lazy bunch so getting being able to get everything from one source would be pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rich, Did your suit arrive yet?

Not yet, mate. Stuff from the UK normally takes a full calender week. Judging by the online status of the delivery it'll be here tomorrow.

I've found the White trim for the armour. I have FS thread up in ongoing orders. £3 per meter.

That's great news. Too late for me but good news nonetheless. :D

Happy Big Brown Box Day to me!

My armour kit arrived this morning and it looks absolutely stunning. Unfortunately, the postal services had treated the box rather badly and the helmet face plate arrived cracked.

But, if you were ever in any doubt as to whether CfO is a reputable maker, read on ....

I dropped Mark an e-mail letting him know about the damage. Within 5 minutes, I had an e-mail reply confirming that I can have a free replacement part. Another 5 minutes later, my phone was ringing and it was Mark calling to make arrangements for delivery or collection.

Customer service has been absolutely top class from day one from both Mark and Joe. I can’t praise them enough.

Many thanks, chaps. It’s appreciated!

DSCF1318.jpg

DSCF1322.jpg

DSCF1323.jpg

Edited by Rick330

Quick question: What would be the correct length of the pipe for the thermal detonator?

Ive been looking at pics of originals and it seems they varied in length- i suppose it depends who built it at the time but they seem to be somewher between 210 & 220 mm

Ive been looking at pics of originals and it seems they varied in length- i suppose it depends who built it at the time but they seem to be somewher between 210 & 220 mm

Excellent, cheers.

Excellent, cheers.

SORRY please ignore my above post, i wrote it from memory earlier on my way out of the house.... but its wrong

ive roughly cut out some CFO TD parts and taken a quick measure and it seems they are between 195 & 205 mm (dunno where i got 210-220) apologies again :unsure:

LPIC7638.jpg