LF E-11 aluminum parts...help!

2155TK

I have the SR props E-11.. But the scope rail & buttstock extension is flimsy.. it's bent and soft.. unlike the other parts..

Does anyone make aluminum parts for these? I remember seeing a template for these parts around here..

can't find it anymore..

Thanks for the help brothers!

Luis

if you plan on making a folding stock i would recommend reinforcing the main receiver tube with a metal tube. the SR props is more durable plastic then cast resin but it is still on the brittle side. also if you decide against a folding stock you should still reinforce the main tube (i used a ABS plastic tube) this will prevent warping from heat over time ;)

here is the way i built my SR-props------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 8/2/2011 at 8:12 PM, bobojuice said:

You can get the plans for making your own here-----------

while those are plans, they have many problem areas.

first, they make blasters that are too long at the rear portion, by about 3/4" or more.

the BBC plans were developed many years ago and while interesting, are not right.

billhag has some nice diagram posts for sight rails and hengstler counter brackets

and there have been some nice aluminum builds here on the FISD.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

@DR

Thanks bro.. Great idea with the reinforcements! I'll do the same.. I really wanted a working buttstock.. I'll mull it over some coffee..

@BondS

Gawddaymn! That is a great aluminum blaster! I wish It had a more detailed step by step on how to make the buttsock.. I know very little about how to do that.. All I could see are the screws.. but how does the front end turn into the buttstock with a click?..