Armor question - the Right Fit

I have been reading through the discussions on armor and really wanted to get some input from some experienced TK's before moving forward. I realize that there is no perfect armor but the factors i am considering : Size (fit), Screen Accurateness/quality and build difficulty.

I am 6' and about 185 pounds and fairly thin build. Based on what I read, it appears that the AM or RT is the correct fit. I was thinking about the RT do the fact that it is trimmed and easy for a newbee. I am not the most gifted worker with my hands and something that was relatively easier to build. Any suggestions

What you decide will largely be based on what level of accuracy you want to acheive. AM is better than it used to be, but is still considered to be the least accurate of the types. According to your "stats", you can fit into many different types of armor not ONLY AM or RT. It's been a while since I have built an AM kit(formerly FX), but if I remember correctly, AM is the easiest to assemble because it comes pre-trimmed and the parts inter lock. Truthfully, I dont recall about RT (help me out troops!!!!) if you need joining strips, but all other types of armor do. These strips are seperate strips of plastic you need to cut and trim that cover the seams when two pieces of armor butt together.

My suggstion is to take a serious look at the build threads to get an idea of what goes into building the different kinds of armor. Ask a lot of questions and don't gain any weight. Then you should have a better idea as to which direction you want to go towards.

You are about perfect sized to be a stormtrooper, so I don't see why you need to chose AM or RT. You can use what maker you want.

I am almost exactly your size, and my TM fits like a glove :)

I agree, any maker will fit you. Just focus on how screen accurate you want to be based on your budget. I've built a few different makes of armor and they all have the same build difficulty.

thanks for the info. i actually built my son a set of armor from kidsclonearmor which took me a while. I am probably looking for a kit that is already trimmed. I will continue to look through the site before I make my choice

thanks again!

Trimming is scary but not impossible. If you decide on getting a kit that you have to trim, there are tons of valuable info here that will guide you through any piece that you have to trim, or any helmet assembly.

And plus, it's a lot more fun to trim :P