Poseable Hands

Still getting my armour together and the missus has put up with a fair bit of mess :) But now ive been officially ordered to sort my armour in a more organised way. ARather than use standard PVC piping I went for "pushfit" as this makes it easier to modify the pose later on.

5966482123_f3f3335117.jpg

Its a pretty simple build and there a a few examples here already. Although I couldnt find anything on making suitable poseable hands so I thought id share my solution....

You'll need:

a Glue gun

Flexi coupler

Insulation tape

Rubber glove (black is best)

Cable tie

upholstry foam

Coat hanger or suitable rigid wire

5966482819_ea32a027c0.jpg

Draw around your hand in a nuetral positon onto 2 pieces of 1/2" upholstry foam. Cut some pieces of the wire coat hanger into lengths just larger than each finger. Using a glue gun glue the base and tip of each piece of wire and around the edge of the hand.

5966480333_eda21a0ea9.jpg

sandwich the too hand outlines together. Cut small strips of insulation tape and wrap them around the base and top of the fingers. This will provide a good way of rounding the fingers and marking where you should bend when posing.

5967036554_e50fa182c7.jpg

finally place your foam hand into a rubber glove and place the coupler connector into the base. Secure the hand to the base with a cable tie.

5966481631_3fe1c7d70f.jpg

Now bend and pose the hands on your giant action figure :)

Simpilest ideas work the best. Just one of those builds made out of leftovers. I managed to locate some cheap non latex chemical clothes to put over the White gloves I used to cover the foam. they do look very effective and help make a £20 mannequin look very good.