Star Wars films--real sterlings in action

gazmosis

I can't explain why, but I love to see the frames of the films where the "hero" sterlings were used. Muzzle flash and shell ejecting.

We all know that the E-11s were based off the Sterling. Many were resin casts off the real ones that they added a scope rail, grips, a hengstler, and power cylinders. The blanks that were fired made a cool muzzle flash that was, well, cool...and also made it easy to to identify where to paint in the laser..... great for close-ups!

Here are the spots I love to see frame by frame:

#1 Han shoots the operator after Chewie lays out the guy going to check the bad trasmitter.

#2 Han in disguise shoots the communicator "boring conversation anyway" If you listen carefully, you can actually hear the shell bounce off the floor.

#3 Han in disguise yells to Chewie to get behind him. The lift door blows open..Han fires.

#4 Right after #2, the first TK through the blown up door gets waxed. As he is falling his blaster is firing round after round sending shells everywhere.

#5 Chasm swing scene. Most shots Luke and Leia fire and one as the TK crawl under the door after the swing.

ESB:

As they enter the Falcon to escape the Cloud City, Lando and Leia are slinging serious...uh....plasma?

Here's an interesting point...just before Lando yells.."Leia...Go!!", you will notice that Leia's gun is either jammed or out because the charging handle is locked in the rear position. Then right after he yells to her, look at Leia's gun....it lost it's rail and scope!! Her gun was a wreck!!!

Maybe I have seen these films a few too many times? Nah!!! There are more. Have fun finding them.

someone posted a vid of these scenes in super slow mo showing the shell casings flying on youtube but I can't find it anymore. If anyone finds the link to that vid let me know.