ATA thighs

This is an ATA kit that I got back in October of 09. I've had it sitting to the side for a long time and am absolutely determined to get it knocked out finally. I had all the parts put together for quite a while and am disappointed in myself that its been so long that I noticed this. When I put the suit on to do test a fit I figured there would be some knocking of the parts no matter what I do, and after everything i've tried I couldn't get the thighs from knocking together with every step I take. I've looked through EIB pics and noticed that some are like this... but I don't think to this degree. Am I suppose to do something special to the thighs? It looks like in some of the EIB pics that had the swoop in one of their thighs would have that one a little higher than the other? Or am i suppose to cut the inside of the thighs way down? I'm hitting my head against a wall here for not noticing this for the longest time.

BcFRd33.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Maybe this tutorial will help with your question.

---------

My thighs clank from time to time depending on how I am moving. I do not notice when walking. I have my thighs attached with a V, this seems to hold the thighs in a more controlled and comfortable position. One thigh will be longer, but should seat the same distance from the belt.

I may not of understood your question, but I hope this is helpful.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Ata armor is based off Cap which is based of Te2 etc. The thigh length mis match is due to the original armor it was based off of, which I believe is the ROTJ tour suit. This suit also had the left thigh longer than the right. Someone correct me if I have the lineage wrong.

Most people just leave the thighs the way they are. You would have a hard time extending the left thigh but if you wanted them to match you could reduce the length of the right thigh, but ensure that the shape of the thigh tops are the same.

If you watch the movies you can hear the troopers clanking and clopping down the hallways, some plastic action is just part of the game. You may be able to bring the inside of the thighs closer to your legs and farther from each other with some good strapping though.

Thanks for the fast responses guys. It's not the tops that bother me, its the inside of the thighs rubbing together. Sorry i'll try to explain it a bit better. You can see that the inside of the left thigh is bulged out instead of strait like the right thigh. Looking through the EIB pics, I saw some had that bulge on the left, some had it on the right. I'll try and go through and get more pics. I've been try to position the thighs around so they wont rub together so much without turning the thighs completely sideways :lol: I put my thighs side by side and they seem to be pretty much the same length, the right "pointy" thigh is maybe just a tab bit longer overall. But I don't mind that, what bothers me is that every step I take is a loud knock from that bulge hitting the right thigh. I'm just trying to find ways to minimize it. Looking through panda's link I see that the inside of the thighs have the same shape. I'm guessing that pulling the left thigh up a little bit will help the most so instead of knocking together, the left scrapes over the top of the right. I'm wondering if y'all have any more tricks to help though?

UFtUc1D.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021