Resin parts for DLT 19/ MG 34

gazmosis

I am blown away by the responses that you troopers have left in regards to my new DLT 19 that I just finished. Thanks again. Several of you have asked if I have considered making a run of these and I would love to, however, the company that I bought several resin parts from is no longer making these parts. I know that Ebay is kind of a bad word around here, but I have been buying and selling stuff there for years and don't believe that everything sold there is junk. The Ebay company that I bought the resin MG 34 parts from had always served me well.(house of shadow wolf) I bought a few scopes for e-11 from them as well. Apparently this is not the case with everyone----especially the folks over at the MEPD. I found out that this company had some major problems and pulled out of Ebay all together. I searched around for over an hour for anyone that might be selling resin cast parts for WWII reanactments or for ,of all things, DLT 19's. I came up empty.

I am not willing to sacrifice accuracy. Although mine is NOT 100% accurate, I do feel that there are some parts that just need to be accurate if you are like me and want people to look at your BFG and say, "hold on...wait a second...let me see that! Holy S***" Admit it...you like that as much as I do or you wouldn't be involved with this hobby.

So, in a nut shell, although the desire is there, without certain parts, I just can't make anymore of these. If you know someone who is willing to disassemble and cast their MG 34 (doubt it) then please let me know.

See you all soon!

• 1 year later...

I am, and have been over the course of the summer, working to aquire specific parts for an MG 42/34 to cast for my own weapon. However if my casts turn out ok, and there is sufficient interest, I would consider doing a production run of specific parts. I do not want to say too much, as I am still acquiring all I need, and I can not promise anything. I also have no desire to step on any toes. I will make sure to document every step as to make it easier for others to follow my lead....