MG-15/ RC97-C build

Here is my first BFG build from scratch. I am not really trying to make a totally accurate mg 15 but something that is pretty close,light,easy to transport and handle while trooping.

Basic parts cut and assembled and ready for detiling up. I added the foregrip from an air cannon toy to make it easier to handle while trooping, the trigger assembly is from an old Brass eagle paintball gun. Cheap to buy these days.

100_1443.jpg

100_1444.jpg

The scope lenses are from a pair of toy binoculars that I got from a dollar store.

100_1445.jpg

100_1446.jpg

Edited by Bill.I.Am

Template used to create the holes.I drilled out several holes each stencil to help cut down on the dremel time and mess.

100_1447.jpg

Box I used to do all the grinding in to keep the mess as minimal as possible. I started to cut out the stencils and mark them with a pencil. It made it easier.

100_1449.jpg

Basic assembly of the magazine.

100_1482.jpg

Styrene strip to be used to wrap over the parts.

100_1484.jpg

Starting with the top. I used E6000 and let it dry overnight before gluing the next section.

100_1489.jpg

And working my way around.

100_1491.jpg

End pieces trimmed and glued it's ready for detailing up.

100_1492.jpg

100_1493.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Added the forward sight. The ring is a coupling cut in half with a shaped piece of wood screwed to it then capped off with the cap from a Nasonex bottle glued in place.

100_1513.jpg

overall shaping up.

100_1510.jpg

• 2 weeks later...