What Colour Strapping?

seantrooper

Hi all,

I have to redo the upper body strapping on my TKC and as it is based of ROTJ, what colour and what material is the strapping that is used underneath the shoulder bridges (connecting the chest and back piece) . I think white was used for ANH/ESB, but I have no idea for ROTJ. Any help wold be great :)

I'm not an ROTJ expert, but after checking the CRL for a moment, it doesn't says anything about strapping underneath the shoulder bridges. (And yes, for us ANH/ESB troopers, we use white strapping.)

03. Shoulder Straps:

• These must be securely mounted in front and may free float in back. They may be affixed with rivets, Velcro, or adhesive.
  • No visible rivets are allowed.
  • Shoulder straps should not have a flat end at the ends of them, they should be ribbed 100%.
  • These must be glued in front.
  • These must be secured in in back.
  • Should straps must be made foam other of flexible material instead of rigid plastic.

ooh, red font!

the crl says this

09. Chest:

* Chest plate overlaps the abdominal plate.

* Flash detail is painted on the form of an inverted arrow, with two white areas on the base.

* Moulded lip around the bottom of the chest plate must be present.

* Chest and back should be connected with a white fabric or preferably elastic strap at the shoulders.

but I'm no 100% on whether it was actually white or not. Maybe one of the pro ROTJ guys could chime in and help me out ;):P

For strapping the chest and back together beneath the shoulder bridges I would and am going with black for my ROTJ build. It's going to blend in with your undersuit and will make it look like the shoulder bridges alone hold the chest and back together. It maintains the illusion of functional armor. Based upon the ROTJ screen shots I have, I can only see black strapping beneath the bridges connecting to the shoulder bells.

As for a material I suppose you can use either webbing or elastic. I'm inclined to use webbing so that the positions of the back and chest plates remain stationary without the flex and give of elastic.