Incinerator test fit. How is it looking?

Hey everyone, I finished painting up my very first kit (ATA), and have everything weathered except the thighs.

How does it look? (be honest so I can fix problems) Thanks everyone!

dscf0998d.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dscf0996c.jpg

dscf0995x.jpg

dscf0993b.jpg

dscf0992gq.jpg

dscf0991c.jpg

I have a neckseal, but wasn't wearing it in the shots...same goes for my ammo pouch. Also, I don't have a belt or pauldron and I think that's all that's left. Unfortunately they will have to wait indefinitely, since I have run out of my savings set aside for this.

Oh, and disregard the crazy forearms :lol: They are extremely loose and were spinning around like crazy. I will put some foam in them to help take care of it.

That looks amazing man really great work. I like the paint job. Did you spray paint? and if you did how did you tape off? The reason I ask is the lines look really sharp, which looks incredible.

Thanks Erik :D

I just used some rustoleum enamel spray paint, and including the white base paint I probably spent a total of $15 dollars on all the cans I needed. I had never taped anything off like this before, but it only took me about two days to tape it all off and paint. It probably wasn't the best way, but I tried to get the tape as close to where I wanted it as possible, then I took my exacto and very lightly scored any excess that needed to be took off, then peeled it. It worked pretty good for me, and it didn't cut the paint under the tape.

The weathering was really fun. I just scuffed it all up a bit with some steel wool, then took some 400 grit and folded it and used that to make the bigger scratches. Then just watered down some black acrylic, brushed it on and wiped off. Took me about 2 hours.

it looks like your kidney plate is up side down...

:lol: I really need to mark on it which side is up. Ill do that now. Thanks

One side has a lot more of a return "edge", does that side go up or down?

Edited by Wiggleplum

Kidney aside, it's looking really good for a start. It's exciting to see more ICN's in the Legion - I think you guys may start to pass the TKC's in numbers at the rate you're gaining.

Paint job is a big :duim:

Thanks Erik :D

I just used some rustoleum enamel spray paint, and including the white base paint I probably spent a total of $15 dollars on all the cans I needed. I had never taped anything off like this before, but it only took me about two days to tape it all off and paint. It probably wasn't the best way, but I tried to get the tape as close to where I wanted it as possible, then I took my exacto and very lightly scored any excess that needed to be took off, then peeled it. It worked pretty good for me, and it didn't cut the paint under the tape.

The weathering was really fun. I just scuffed it all up a bit with some steel wool, then took some 400 grit and folded it and used that to make the bigger scratches. Then just watered down some black acrylic, brushed it on and wiped off. Took me about 2 hours.

Were you putting down very light coats, I did some detailing on a helmet, mainly the vocoder and seemed to get "a raised edge" where the paint met the tape. Someone said I may have went to haevy to fast. But, I really like the sharpness of yours man it looks good.