armor bite and the likes

i did my first troop yesterday. it was the st. paddys day parade. my butt plate kept falling off. so my question is, how do i attach all that together? i think i have an idea for the shoulder bells (the left one kept sliding down)

and my suit is a little big on me in specific areas. namely in the bicep and thigh region. ive trimmed the biceps as much as i could without losing its initial shape, but my question is, can i trim it some more to fit me?

in the thighs, they are a little long. can i trim them to fit my size? and how do i do it while still retaining the shape?

the calves are also a little long. can i trim them to fit my size? and how do i fix the bite that happens on the back side of my knee? can i trim a little groove on the back of the calf to contour to the back of my knee?

if anybody has any pics of their tk armor, that would be greatly appreciated.

It all stays put when you appropriately strap your armor. The biceps stay in place when you use a strap that goes from the inside of the bicep to the shoulder bell. And as for the thigh and calves trimming, I will let an expert handle that area since I'm not experienced in it, but yes, the whole armor can be trimmed to fit you right. ---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

i think with the biceps and shoulder bells, im going to add a strap between the 2 and glue the strap down instead of using velcro. and im going to add a snap on the inside of the top of the bell and add a snap on the underside of the chest plate and use a strap to connect the two

What kind of kit do you have? Also - got any photos of you wearing it?

The butt plate should be strapped to the kidney plate by use of three elastic straps. Depending on your kit and how you choose to strap it, the two could be strapped via brackets affixed to the return edges, internal snap plates, straps glued directly to the armor, or even velcro (not recommended).

If you got it from Tupperwaretk, then you have an AM kit.

Seen this thread yet? It's quite handy for guiding smaller guys in getting an AM kit (which out of the box is better suited for bigger guys) properly fitted, and it should answer your questions.

------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Ouch! A Parade is never a good idea! The AM kit says to use Velcro on all the parts, but most guys use snaps and straps. Are you with your local Garrison? The best way is to get with people who know!

they are the ones who got me this far. i wish there was an armor suited for smaller people