FX helmet gone bad pt.2

Today about 10 mins ago i recived an long awaited for e-mail.Which goes

" I have assembled one of the helmets myself. As I had not had any complaints about the hundreds of helmets I have already sent out, I thought I should assemble one myself.

All the parts are made in one big batch. They are made on the same day and are all trimmed identical. When I assembled this helmet I noticed that there is a gap between the front and the back piece. I also notice that the ear piece will cover the gap and the black rubber trim covers this.

A lot of the helmets I have seen, once you pull away the padding inside, all have a small gap. I dont know why it always seems to end up this way.

All of my helmets are trimmed the same. There cannot be any difference in the way they fit together.

Solution.

I have enclosed some pictures of the gap in the helmet that I made. I can send this to you free of charge as I know that you have been waiting to assemble the helmet.

I can send you the new parts that you are after. You will find that they are the same as you already have.

I can give you a full refund for the kit and you can send it back to me.

I can send you out a new kit and you can send back the old kit.

You can choose whatever option you like as I want you to be 150% satisfied."

here are the pics that i recived.

-----

as u can see there is still a gap i think that there mould isint deep enough. Anywayz ive asked for a premade helm without the decails as i plan to change em anyway for the correct ones.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I missed part one, but what is the problem? Can you see the gap from the outside? Any gap that happens on an FX helmet should be covered by the ear unless it is mounted too low.

I had one of these straight from GF (the guy who sculpted them before they became known as FX and copied a dozen times over by others) and even on his the halves did not marry up perfectly. They were closer, but due to generational loss of detail they have clearly lost a fraction of an inch off of the mold depth causing the larger separation. Is it so big that is shows past the ears?

Here u go Seth

-----

My FX is a DB and i actual had to trim becuase the top of the lid would fall through the face and back plates.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I have a F/X bucket and it has a gap also.

This pic was taken "before" i had to reglue the dome :-/ pic is just to show the gaps

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

at last the lid arrived on friday open the box up and...... well it is a completed lid but for some strange reson they decided to to cut the bottm of the ear peices of?? and there a looks like the was a big slip with the glue gun on the back so i might take the ear peice's off and attach the ones i first got or just try to assemble the origanal one i had in the first place with a bit of help from a local UKG member that e-mailed me, handy seeing that he lives oooooo maybe atleast 10 mins away from my door step. Hopefully we're meeting up when he gets back from his hol's in about 2 weeks as my progress has come to a halt i seem to be having probs with the thighs and im unsure how and where i need to make the cuts on the butt, and cod peice.