Mising Sandy helmet

:D

Hi all, sorry for the title, my joke, but this is what I think one of these beauties might look like if we ever get to find another.

I declare this now finished, minus some sand when I finally troop.

P1010543.jpg

P1010544.jpg

P1010537.jpg

P1010545.jpg

P1010539.jpg

P1010538.jpg

And just for fun me in the lid

P1010518.jpg

P1010522.jpg

P1010523.jpg

I have thouroughly enjoyed doing this lid, actually there is more marks and scuffs that you cannot see in the pics so i can see how the film helmets looked different on screen.

I tried to add all the little detail I have learnt on these forums like 2 nickle poppers on the strap, 3/4" strap,hdpe colour, red primer inside with tulip padding, hand painted detail and white tips among other things.

THANKS to all for the info you give tht enbles people to enjoy doing things like this.

Fnally hoe I recieved the helmet

1sandy.jpg

Best wishes

Graham

Edited by tk7713gra30

Wow - is that what the helmet looked like before you started, or is that a different helmet? Regardless, a very nice job. Looking forward to seeing it in action. :duim:

Who is the maker of the helmet kit?

Wow - is that what the helmet looked like before you started, or is that a different helmet? Regardless, a very nice job. Looking forward to seeing it in action. :duim:

Who is the maker of the helmet kit?

Hi mate, yes that is the same helmet.

I posted a thread here so you can see the stages

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=14014

I got it from ebay a month ago and not sure of the maker, it has a bumpy back and was cheap, I was always going to do something with it, this just got more and more fun as I tried to get closer to the originals.

Hope I got a little close.

Best wishes and glad you like.