Here's the plan...any advice?

While I'm waiting on my TI hardparts I've decided to go TK.

However I've been thinking of doing two TKs..a zombie and an EIB worthy suit.

I'm thinking of doing the Zombie TK first. My reasoning is that being my first armor build any mistakes I'll probably make can be zombified. From the research I've done so far it would seem an ATA kit might be the best for this. Am I on track with that?

Then I go to thinking...with the wealth of knowledge here and all of the tips and how-to's it is very possible that I'll be able to build a nearly flawless kit that looks beautiful. When I've got that completed spotless white armor sitting there in front of me am I really going to want to zombify it?! lol

Once I've earned my stripes on the Zed TK I was thinking of going with AP or T/MC for my EIB submission. Any thoughts?

I just want to make sure I've got a decent plan of attack before I start spending tax return money :D

Thanks for any and all help!

/salute

Aside from the Death Troopers novel and SWG expansion there aren't a lot of references to zombie troopers. Which is a good thing as there is a lot more room for creativity.

Personally I like the Gentle Giant bust...the one you posted. I do SFX make up so I'll probably go with a more exposed bone and guts kind of zombie. I'll probably be adding the hook in the eye as well based on the DT cover art. :)

I'll do some damage to the armor but not much. I want the armor to look sick and nasty not necessarily busted and broken. The major damage I was thinking about was to the chest. A nice big hole with exposed rib cage and sternum might be nice.

Hey Thomas,

The ATA as you already have seen is made out of HIPS. A lot of people feel that HIPS is easier to trim than ABS, which is somewhat true. The ATA kit is a good one and I think you will have fun zombiefying it.

As for you second TK suit, you might want to look at TM's kit. Paul is in the UK which is much closer to you in Germany. Paul pulls some impressive armor, or is that most impressive. 

If you want my opinion on the two kits (AP or T/MC)I would probably go with the AP. I think it has sharper details than the T/MC. But do check into Paul/TM's kit if you are wanting a great accurate suit with closer shipping to you.

The AP and TM kits run about the same price, so just have a look before you have fun with your tax money. :dancing-trooper:

I had several mistakes on my first suit too, and joke that this is why I went sandtrooper with it :) That's an option as well, or you could simply make it a Stormtrooper Commander or Incinerator Trooper as both require painting anyway, which hides a lot of mistakes. Depending on your size, AM or RT can make good first kits as they are molded to be easiest to put together.

At this point between T/MC & AP, T/MC is running less expensive and could be the way to go for ABS armor.

Thanks for the tips so far. I'll be sure to weight all the options before I get the "real" suit.

I guess what I'm looking for in the zombie suit is the most inexpensive. I don't want a cheap knock off suit. What I'm aiming for is something that could pass for an EIB that got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time :)

So inexpensive...not cheap....if that makes sense. I can't justify spending big bucks on the "best" quality suit when I'm just going to destroy it anyway.

I'm not necessarily looking for the easiest to build. I know it's my first suit but if I can get past the learning curve and make my mistakes on the zombie armor then I'll probably feel alot more comfortable when it comes time to work on the real deal suit.

And a Sandy is definitely in my future but that will probably have to wait until next refund check :lol:

Thanks again for the help. Keep it coming!

• 4 weeks later...