My Brown Boxes

congrats! great to see your shooting for EIB, if you start out your build with that in mind it will be very easy to achieve ;) measure twice and cut once :D

and good luck with the build!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the arms. I am building them ANH style, I've been looking at the tutorials and they say the cover strip is 15mm wide on the arms and bicep. If I cut the overlap down to 7mm or 8mm on each side there is no way my hand will fit. 10mm on each side I can make it through but that would be a 20mm cover strip. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

It depends on your build and what looks right. I'm a bit bigger dude so I made strips a bit bigger because my arms are bigger. AP has lots of extra space, so over trim and work your way down until you get a good fit.

Cut away all of the return edge at the wrist area first, then tape the forearms together and see how they fit.

20mm is a bit wide for the arms. But, if that what you need, then so be it.

Thanks, I'll try that. Didn't want to get rid of all the return edge but I think if I cut away some of it then squeeze it as I put my hand through it will work.

It depends on your build and what looks right. I'm a bit bigger dude so I made strips a bit bigger because my arms are bigger. AP has lots of extra space, so over trim and work your way down until you get a good fit.

I have big hands, if I did the overlap they fit great, just cutting it down made it a bit tight.

The screen used suits had no return at all at the wrist hence Pauls advice - I would go with that :)

Thanks, I trimmed it down so that I will have a 15mm cover strip. Seems to work, I still have return to remove at the wrist so if they had no return at all at the wrist I should have more room. I am waiting for my abs glue for the seams. going to use 6000 for the cover strips. so while I have been waiting I started trimming and using tape to check the fit.

Thanks again for the help, I will probably be asking more questions.