Where and where not to put a return edge

Zefram

In anticipation of trimming my armor, I am wondering where and where not to leave room for a return edge. After reading through a few posts, it seems like the bottoms of the shoulder bells and tops of the thighs take a return edge but the sides of the chest plate and wrist opening should not have a return edge. What about the other pieces?

In anticipation of trimming my armor, I am wondering where and where not to leave room for a return edge. After reading through a few posts, it seems like the bottoms of the shoulder bells and tops of the thighs take a return edge but the sides of the chest plate and wrist opening should not have a return edge. What about the other pieces?

Depends what armour you have?

If you have a 2 piece back, then around the tops and bottom of your kidney plate needs one (sides dont)

Really depends what armour you have dude..?

For screen-accuracy, the biceps don't have a return edge either. Still, much of it is personal preference. For example, AM comes with return edges on virtually every piece - something I personally like.

If you look at and copy some of the newer TM builds, they match what was seen on screen down to the smallest details - return edges included.

Which kit do you have coming?

IMO, the return edges can be pretty uncomfortable. If you move the wrong way, you have a thin, flat edge jabbing you rather than a smooth, flat surface pressing on you.

I try to leave returns in places where they obviously were in the originals and where it doesn't cause me discomfort.

For example, the return on the bottom edge of the chest is good. The return on the top edge of the ab is unnecessary, as it isn't seen. So whether it was there on the original or not, I cut it off on mine :)

For example, the return on the bottom edge of the chest is good. The return on the top edge of the ab is unnecessary, as it isn't seen. So whether it was there on the original or not, I cut it off on mine :)

That would depend on how tall you are. Mine can be seen at times depending on how I move and stand.

For screen-accuracy, the biceps don't have a return edge either. Still, much of it is personal preference. For example, AM comes with return edges on virtually every piece - something I personally like.

If you look at and copy some of the newer TM builds, they match what was seen on screen down to the smallest details - return edges included.

Which kit do you have coming?

Thanks for the help. I have an AP kit coming and am 5'7.

That would depend on how tall you are. Mine can be seen at times depending on how I move and stand.

heh... no worries on that here... i've got a good 1.25" overlap, and have the chest and ab strapped together so they don't move.