What's best way to bore out a Hyperfirm E-11?

Necron

I want to clean up my Hyperfirm E-11 and wondering what's the best way to get rid of mold lines and more important drill out the barrel but not sure what to use. The rubber used likes to "skin up" so not sure about using a good old drill to bore it out or dremel away at it.

Not sure if you want to do that. It's not a hollow blaster inside.

The HF blasters are a hard rubber skin outside, filled with foam and then they have a carbon / glass rod inside for strength and to keep it rigid. You don't know for sure if the rod is centered down the barrel, and you don't want to catch it with the drill bit. I would personally leave it as is. Some people modify the scope rail, but that's about it.

I read one where they used a dremel and then inserted a little half inch pipe. I was just wondering if anyone has ever uded a drill cause not sure if I'm that steady to do a circle with a dremel. :)

i would use a bit like this,----------- just go slow at first and it should make round hole. iv never drilled a hyperfirm but this type of bit works well on plastics, pvc and metal for making a nice round hole, i have tried drilling foam with a regular drill in the past and it caused some serious shredding and ripping :blink:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working