Super glue removal

Necron

I have to pull apart a forearm to get a seam straight and I have a little tack of super glue on one end and rest is E-6000. I think I can cut the E-6000 to get loose but super glue is hard to cut and not sure about using nail polish remover, but the area will be covered once I can re-glue back together. Any thoughts?

when building models if i make a mistake and need to unbond the styrene parts, i first soak the part in warm soapy water , then apply a small amount of rubbing alcohol to the joint area, then add a bit of baby oil before the alcohol fully dries. also for lager parts you may need to repeat the process a few times or increase the soak time.

note: i have not tried alcohol on abs only regular styrene plastic, so test it out on a non visible area first ;)

Edited by dashrazor

Thanks a bunch guys, The operation was successful. Now I know why you guys swear by the E-6000 glue. Cuts right off and then it's just the clean up which I found a rubber eraser handy for making the stuff roll up and pull right off. I'll never use super glue for a quick fix again.

There is a product called super glue debonder. I get mine at the hardware store. Never used it on armor before tho.

CA or Super Glue debonder WILL MELT PLASTIC do not use it, I sell it at the hobby shop.

TMC