Valyyn's SDS build[*SDS]

Hello everyone,

I've fairly recently finished modifying and tweaking my SDS Battlespec helmet (had a "build" thread on the UK Garrison boards and had lots of great help there) and now my armour has arrived!

(This is cross-posted with the UKG boards - so apologies to UKG members who have to put up with me twice!)

I'm very nervous about putting this together, but I've spent the last year reading build threads and advice, so hopefully I should be OK!

Plus I know you guys will help me with anything I'm not sure about :D

I am FAR from an expert (this is the first set I've actually seen in person), but it looks pretty good to my untrained eye :) I'd like to hear your thoughts on it though!

Oh look - a brown box! Wonder what could be in it?

th_SNC00381.jpg

Huh? Bits of plastic? Wtf?

th_SNC00382.jpg

Woo! The full set laid out:

th_SNC00383.jpg

Close up of the front and helmet:

th_SNC00384.jpg

Close up of the back and belt:

th_SNC00385.jpg

So now comes putting it all together! It came with some nice printed instructions, which should make it a bit easier. Very nervous though!

Once I've finished assembling it (lol), I just have a couple of bits left:

Boots - Arrived a few days ago from TK boots.

Neck Seal - My other half is going to make me one, we've got the material already though.

Belt - Need to get some decent canvas.

Undersuit - Already got.

E-11 - Got. It's a ROTJ one, but will hopefully be clearable at least until I can afford a proper ANH one.

I've got three days off now to work on this - wish me luck! :D

Interesting photos for those of us in the U.S.A. thanx for posting these... Yes, AA is cureently selling most of his stuff in assembled AND also in kit form.... will wonders never cease......

Thanks for the support guys :)

Chris - I forgot you couldn't get SDS in the US.. if you (or anyone else) are interested in any closeups of any parts of it just ask and I'll be happy to oblige!

Day 1's work:

I've got pretty much all the popper tabs glued on and made a good start I think!

I've applied the cover strips to the thighs:

th_SNC00390.jpg

I've finished the shins:

th_SNC00393.jpg

and glued the arm halves together:

th_SNC00392.jpg

th_SNC00391.jpg

I've also done various other small bits and bobs such as gluing the panels on the ab plate.

Now to get on with day 2! :D

Edited by Valyyn