Sitting down in AP armor

you won't crack it, but to sit down you usually have to take off the thighs...

and sitting with the belt and T det usually just means that you can't sit on couches or soft chairs.

sitting forward, and leaning forward is what you usually have to do.

Hi Troops,

I have AP armor which I'll be wearing for the first time in about a week. Can't wait! Just wondering if it's safe to sit in the armor or will I crack the butt plate?

I never sit on hard chairs .

I make sure its soft or i put a jacket over it.

I know one guy here who can sit in his armor. It's not AP... old style FX... and he's about as big around as one of the finishing strips... but he can do it.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it.

Learn to lean and be happy with the fact you're worn out tired knowing that you've done a full good day of troopin'! B)

you won't crack it, but to sit down you usually have to take off the thighs...

and sitting with the belt and T det usually just means that you can't sit on couches or soft chairs.

sitting forward, and leaning forward is what you usually have to do.

Wha? I can sit down because I cut my cod piece and also have separate butt and lower back pieces and I never have to take of my thigh pieces. My thermal detonator just clips on, so I take it off when I sit and slide it back on when I get up. I actually have to lean back when I sit otherwise all of my upper armor gets pushed upward into my throat.

I'll admit that sitting down is possible but never comfortable. I only do it to give my legs a rest or if I am getting a lift in a car.

Wha? I can sit down because I cut my cod piece and also have separate butt and lower back pieces and I never have to take of my thigh pieces. My thermal detonator just clips on, so I take it off when I sit and slide it back on when I get up. I actually have to lean back when I sit otherwise all of my upper armor gets pushed upward into my throat.

I'll admit that sitting down is possible but never comfortable. I only do it to give my legs a rest or if I am getting a lift in a car.

Are you in AP armor? How tall are you?

I'm 5'11" and I started testing the fit of the thigh pieces last night. To my surprise they seemed way to long and cut into my gut and the backs of my knees. I can barely even bend forward let alone sit. I'm also seeing a potential issue with the knee plate of my left shin constantly catching on the left thigh piece. I'm getting really concerned that this armor is going to require a lot of trimming and maybe even cutting up to a point where it loses it's screen accuracy. How do the rest of you even move comfortably?

Are you in AP armor? How tall are you?

I'm 5'11" and I started testing the fit of the thigh pieces last night. To my surprise they seemed way to long and cut into my gut and the backs of my knees. I can barely even bend forward let alone sit. I'm also seeing a potential issue with the knee plate of my left shin constantly catching on the left thigh piece. I'm getting really concerned that this armor is going to require a lot of trimming and maybe even cutting up to a point where it loses it's screen accuracy. How do the rest of you even move comfortably?

I have TE2 armor and the thighs are long on it as well. Apparently they were quite tall.

There are two options to make the thighs work.

The first is to cut the "notch" out of the back above where your knee bends. This is mostly obvious when watching ESB — and maybe was only done there — especially in the scene where the troopers drop Han back into the cell after torturing him. One trooper is taller than the other, and the shorter trooper has the "notches" cut out.

The other option is to cut the tops off the thighs making them actually shorter. If you want the "return edge" you would have to obviously put it back on with a craft iron or the like. But it is an option.

I'm actually doing both of these things on my current ESB build.

On my sandtrooper cutting the notches worked fine because the thighs go up higher (to my eye) in ANH than they did in ESB.

To sit down...oh that would be lovely. I can hardly even get up steps!!!

I don't sit down, it's just not screen accurate ;)

In all seriousness, I've never been able to sit in the thing. I just stand until I can't take it anymore then take a break.

the main reason you can't sit on a thick soft chair is because the chair makes it hard to sit without the armor pushing up.

if you sit open leged, leaning slightly forwards, but sitting up you can manage it.

the reasoning for taking off the thighs is that they make it impossible to bend

your legs far enough to sit. at least for me at 5-11" 210

think short legs. tall torso... for me.