shin closure "tabs"?

What are people using for accurate shin closure? They look like old bra fasteners kinda? But bigger.

And where can they be purchased?

Also has anyone tried using this technique for their forearm closure? I am wanting to get mine a bit tighter. But my hand won't go through! I have HUGE hands and small forearms... I know it wont be accurate but I can always take em off and glue em later!

In the film, the shins weren't always closed. It's perfectly fine to keep them open if you like. Don't know how it was setup in the films. I'm sure there are some who use fasteners to close them together but I haven't seen that setup personally. The most common way is to use velcro to close the back together. It works great: -----

My forearm seam facing inward is velcro shut. It opens up just enough to slide it on and off my arm. The seam facing outward is glued.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Hook and eye kits from a fabric store.

Any particular size?

Any advice for attaching them to the plastic strips as seen on the screen used suits?

Haven't you built a suit or 2 using these FBJ? I thought I saw one for sale by you somewhere?

Any further help would be greatly appreciated! Probably should update the accuracy thread here as well. People say there are no closure systems on ANH suits... we now know there WERE.

Davin,

Have a look at recent topics posted by firebladejedi, SW1 and stukatrooper. They all show some great pictures of the insides of the armour in general and, in particular, some close-up shots of what these parts look like.