Electronics for scopes

SamJ

Ok, I'm assuming given the size of an M38 it would be possible to give it some sort of electronic sight with any cables running under the scope rail to a power source in the body of the E11. So I was wondering if anyone has tried this. If not I may give it a shot once I'm back at uni just to see.

I keep looking at my real scopes thinking of the possibilities that there may be with a cast of one and this just came across my mind.

Edited by SamJ

Hi Sam. There have been troopers that have added electronics to their scopes. Either LED's for one or both ends, to illuminate a reticule. Or adding laser pointers and such. You could easily add a laser pointer without having to run wires to the main body of the blaster.

However, you should be very careful with laser pointers as they could damage someone's eyesight if you're not careful. They also aren't very visible in daylight / brightly lit areas anyways.

Thanks Terry, guess this is going to be my main project in a few weeks time, TI and TS should be done by then. I was after more of a reticule anyway. Just snagged an M32 and have an M38 from a while back. Ooooh the possibilities...

I did put a laser pointer into my scope but decided to change it to an L.E.D purely for safety, what i did was run the wires out of the bottom of the scope and into the hengstler counter (which was scratchbuilt so was hollow) and use the counter reset button on the hengstler to turn the L.E.D on/off. :D

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I use a self contained system. red dot tire valve covers.

the thing attaches to your car's air valve, and activates with motion detection.

the led is lensed, and I just remove the back cap of the device and insert into the scope's body after I dremel it out.

the lens is more bubbled than a regular lens, but it looks cool inside the scope...

pilot red led valve covers41AfBDolqdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

the bottom part screws off, and the led top and motion sensors are in the bottom. could also be used to make a barrell LED.

just shake the blaster and the lights come on.

no wires or switches needed.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Thanks for all the ideas guys. Was planning to do stunt and hero ESB style blasters over the next month or so with a M32 (to complement a TS) and then the Sandtrooper version with the 1943 M38...the 1942 M38 still eludes me though as does a Hengstler socket so full ANH will have to wait for now. Don't know why just like making my own bits even though it's actually more expensive.

• 1 month later...