Photographer

Ravenwood

It will be some time before I can get the funds together to acquire my own armor :( but would love to accompany some troopers on a troop some time to take photos. I am an armature photographer and would love the opportunity to get some great shots and be apart of the action even if its behind the scenes for now lol.

I am in Minnesota so if there is any local troop activities and this is possible please let me know.

Thanks and happy trooping.

Thanks for the information Guys, I am on vacation till the week end and when I get home I will sign up for my local garrison.

I aslo play paintball and do some photography for some of the games, again when I get home I will add some links to a couple of my photo albums.

Jeremy, I did photography for my local garrison for 5 months before I submitted my costume for approval (still waiting btw due to my GML selling his house and moving...) but handlers and photographers are ALWAYS welcome at troops.

Good luck and welcome to one of the best forums on the internet!

As promised here are some of my photo albums let me know what you think? remember I said armature photographer lmao :)

The first album is some of my favorite shots I have taken over the last 6-7 months, the other albums are shots I took at some large paintball games.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=423978&id=724595416

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=435005&id=724595416

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=472990&id=724595416

I'm going to piggy-back on this thread as my question is somewhat related.

Earlier today I was at a trooping event that was happening. I was told to swing by to meet some members of the local garrison which was extremely fun. I was told there would only be around three members there which gave me the idea to bring my own camera as it didn't sound like there'd be extra members to take any photos, I thought I'd at least be able to help by getting some pictures for the site.

Afterwards though I realized, I took a lot of pictures of people with the troopers. People that I don't know and technically I never asked if they would mind if I took the pictures. So my question is, considering I'm not an actual member of the 501st (yet...) am I allowed to display these pictures here or submit them to the garrison to display on their site? Or am I thinking about this too much?

I took around 115 pictures so there's plenty to share. I was thinking of putting them on a flickr account but want to see if its alright before I do.

Edited by Valegon

I've never heard of it being a problem. If you go to Flickr or one of the other photo-hosting sites you'll find thousands of photos like you described. Even surfing through the "Field Training Exercises" section here you'll find plenty of photos like that - and no one (to my knowledge) has gotten sued for it.

As much as we like getting our picture taken in costume, the fans we interact with seem to like getting their picture taken with stormtroopers even more. B)

So yes, bring on the photos.