Rom/FX AA power

Hello all,

I've searched around but cannot find this specific thing mentioned anywhere, although I know many many people have done it.

I want to power my Rom/FX with 8xAA batteries rather than 1x9volt. I've bought two 4xAA holders---------- and each has the standard 9volt (PP3) connector on the top.

The question is, how can I connect these to my Rom/FX? Can I get a cable to do it for me, or will I have to manually wire the terminals to one another in series?

I've attached a quick MS Paint of how I think I should attach it, but I'm not positive and don't want to risk damaging anything!

post-13445-128144412658_thumb.png

Thank you all for any advice you can give :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I suggest you buy a 3xAAA battery holder and some lithium batteries like these----------------

You'll have almost the same power, but longer duration and less weight.

Edited by gmrhodes13

You need to route the POS terminal to the switch and then to the AMPs POS terminal. Route the NEG AMP terminal to the battery pack's NEG terminal. Just remember it is like putting batteries in a flash light. Each battery's POS terminal is connect to the next battery's NEG terminal. In your diagram you are routing the NEG terminal to the AMP. Grab a 9v battery and look at its terminals.

Here is the wiring diagram:

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 8/10/2010 at 9:27 PM, TKDUEUNO said:

I suggest you buy a 3xAAA battery holder and some lithium batteries like these-----------

You'll have almost the same power, but longer duration and less weight.

That's how i have mine wired and I love it. Plus i use an enclosed battery box with a on/off switch.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thank you for the suggestions all. I think I'll take your advice and go the 3x3.7v Li Ion route. Now just to find somewhere that sells them in the UK!

Edit: Found somewhere eventually. Ordered 6 of the batteries (for spares!), one 3xAA box with switch and a PP3 connector to attach. Thanks again guys :)

Edited by Valyyn