rubber or latex handguards don't hold.

Haved you tried bathroom silicone? I haven't tried it myself yet, but it was the advice I got when glue wouldn't stick to mine. Have been busy with my TB lately, so I never got time to try it.

Well, 3-4 troops with mine (R2Dan's latex handguards) hold fine just with regular super glue. Absolutely no problems there, I actually think I'll never be able to rip them off in one piece ever again.

The latex handguards isn't a problem, it is the non-latex (rubber) that is hard to glue.

The thread title suggests otherwise. Super glue should work I'm sure, for both or almost all flexible materials.

Edited by ObiHahn

Im having the same problem, I've tried white bath silicone and no joy, sticks to the glove but not the hand guard. Thinking of trying bostick glue but i do not want to ruin my hand guards.

I have the none latex hand guard from Karin.

So no luck on the silicone. Well, then I have no clue. I thought the fabric on them would make it easier to glue, but the fabric stuck to my glove when the handplate loosened after glueing with E6000.

So no luck on the silicone. Well, then I have no clue. I thought the fabric on them would make it easier to glue, but the fabric stuck to my glove when the handplate loosened after glueing with E6000.

I'm going to make a tutorial this weekend to clear everything up. Stay tuned!

It wokred many many time so far...

Karin

• 1 month later...

I was wondering with the non-latex handguards; where is the correct placement to adhere the handguards to the gloves? Should the top of the handguard align with the bent knuckles when making a fist? I do not want these too low or too high. Thanks for your help!

On 9/28/2010 at 11:33 AM, JimCem99 said:

I was wondering with the non-latex handguards; where is the correct placement to adhere the handguards to the gloves? Should the top of the handguard align with the bent knuckles when making a fist? I do not want these too low or too high. Thanks for your help!

When you bend your hand / make a fist your hand plate should flex over the top of your knuckles just a bit.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

What are we sticking them to cloth gloves with? The velcro isnt sticking to the handplates.

You could silicone the Velcro to the back of the hand plate (I think).

Silicone melds with the hand plate.

So if it will still to the Velcro, you should be golden.