T/MC helmet build[*TMC]

Hi, everyone. I've purchased a T/MC ANH helmet from Tray Nichols. It's .090 ABS, which is a match for my AM armor. Tray sent me a message that it has been shipped. The helmet looks great (pics), and comes highly recommended. Can't wait for it to arrive. I've been told it can be made into either Stunt or Hero. I haven't decided yet.

Wondering if someone has experience with this helmet per some of the following questions (or just Hero/Stunt differences any helmet). Reading the CRL, it appears the stunt can be "either" 3 or 4 bumps on the ear. Hero doesn't mention the ear bumps, but does mention the number of screws for the ear piece (2)? Hero has 3 bumps I believe? The helmet (Trays) comes with 4 bumps. So ANH Stunt ready, but if I go with Hero can I keep the 4 bumps? Also, If I would like to go for "EIB" can the 4 bumps remain, and if not do I have to fill in a bump with ABS paste. I might need ABS paste for the frown also. Can the paste be purchased? Thanks.

Tray's kits are great, and Tray provides excellent customer service. You will be very happy with it!

As for the hero/stunt questions...i never noticed the number of bumps on the ear caps being different, but then i never built a hero helmet, so ill leave that to the hero helmet experts B) Although i do know, for the frown you leave it as is for the hero,just cut less teeth out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates here? Im researching my next purchase and leaning towards T/MC.

I am in the same boat. The only thing I am worried about is the softer lines produced from the thicker ABS.

Any updates here? Im researching my next purchase and leaning towards T/MC.

Hi Robert. Sorry for not getting back sooner, but was on vacation. I agree with Darth Voorhees, that Tray's (T/MC helmet) kits are great.

I wanted a helmet that was .090 ABS, to go with my AM armor, which is also .090 ABS. I guess the thickness of the ABS, can open a discussion on some of the helmet detail, but for me I wanted something sturdy like my armor. I'm satisfied with the quality of the kit I received.

TD 2243, was good enough to provide to me some good information, and a great recommendation, as his helmet is already finished (I am still on my armor build). I'll drop him a line, and see if he might possibly be able to respond to this thread? Thanks. Kevin.

I am in the same boat. The only thing I am worried about is the softer lines produced from the thicker ABS.

Hi Catherine. I think the T/MC kit I received is great.

However, the thicker ABS (.090), can possibly produce slightly softer lines, as I have been told also. But, I did want the thicker ABS, since the .090 ABS will be the same as my .090 ABS AM armor, which was a reason for me to go with Tray's T/MC helmet kit. Also, I can generally be a little rough on equipment, and will have extra stuff in the bucket, as I also purchased a headset/amp, and wireless transmitter from TK6294 (with is also a great kit).

Sorry. This is my first helmet build, so I do not have a direct comparison (doing my armor now, so helmet will be next). I'm doing a Hero helmet, so the lines and details work for my particular build, that I'm going to do. Except that it comes with the stunt ear bumps, but Tray does have the Hero bubble lenses. TD 2243 recommended the T/MC helmet me, which I appreciated, and he has one already completed. I'll see if it might be possible for him to respond to this thread. If anyone else has more detailed information that would also be great? Thanks. Kevin.

hey Kevin thank you. :)

I just had a couple more questions about the kit.

In the kit description it lists what you can order and what optional things you can order:

1. Full kit

2. Armour only kit

3. Helmet kit

4. Additional matching plastic for butt joining armor.

5. Canvas/Ducks cloth belt (frayed).

I would be going with a Full kit. But what is Item 4? Is that used if you dont want your butt and back plate separate?

And Item 5, is that comparable to say TKittel's belt http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=10293

hey Kevin thank you. :)

I just had a couple more questions about the kit.

In the kit description it lists what you can order and what optional things you can order:

1. Full kit

2. Armour only kit

3. Helmet kit

4. Additional matching plastic for butt joining armor.

5. Canvas/Ducks cloth belt (frayed).

I would be going with a Full kit. But what is Item 4? Is that used if you dont want your butt and back plate separate?

And Item 5, is that comparable to say TKittel's belt http://forum.whitear...showtopic=10293

Hi Robert,

I purchased just the Helmet portion of the kit (came with stickers and the bubble lenses I ordered, plus the stuff needed like Mic Tips, screen for frown, and the extras). The armor I got was AM, which worked fine for me, but I am sure T/MC armor kit is good also (appears both made of .090 ABS). My experience with the helmet I ordered, was Tray makes good quality gear.

I also got TKittel's canvas belt, and think it's well made. Unfortunately, I have not seen the T/Mc canvas belt. Perhaps others have this belt?

I can say that I am happy with the T/MC helmet, as it's sturdy .090 ABS (what I wanted), and works for the Hero build I will be attempting. But I am sort of new at this, so perhaps others can comment on how "details or features might compare with armor or helmets made with other materials"(Hips or thinner ABS?) , or T/MC full armor kits in general? Happy to assist with any questions if I can. If you like I can let you know how my T/MC helmet build goes when I start (still doing the AM armor at the moment).

Thanks,

Kevin.

If this helps, here is my TK helmet, which was built from Tray's kit. His kit comes with everything and Tray is 100% legit. His armor is top notch so the gear he sells is the same. The only thing I swapped out was the painted looking decals instead of the ones he provides. His are great, I just wanted the painted look. Everything else is hand painted and I used the same humbrol paints used in the films. Dark Ad Gray and Midnight Blue.

I totally recommend this helmet.

bucket1.JPG

bucket2.JPG

bucket3.JPG

bucket4.JPG

bucket5.JPG

bucket6.JPG