I think my finishing strips are to big :(

Well I am about 185 and 5'10". My thighs are kinda big so I was trying to get a perfect fit. I didnt think going with 30MM strips looked to big till I put the cartridge on the right knee. Now I think they are to big. (the strips are wider than the cartridges) What do you guys think? I guess it doesn't matter cause they are on there now. Will something like this prevent me from being accepted to the 501st?

I still have some trimming to do on the armor and get it all strapped up and ready to go.

nYb4pyl.jpg

jSwJYxy.jpg

you can always shim the back and keep the fronts correct. Thats what I do anyway. My shims are like 1.5 inches in back...

Doesn't look too bad bro. The assembly looks clean. The shims are a lil too wide though as you said.

Mike

I think I would do more damage than good changing them. They are glued on pretty good. I was trying to stay even all the way around. I should have done it like you said and had bigger ones in the back.

if you used E-6000 you can probably just carefully take it apart and trim the strips you have.

that glue comes apart if you didn't use a ton. just work on it from the inside if you can

to pull it apart slowly.

if you used plastic weld then it would be tougher to cut apart.

if you have enough trim plastic you can just cut them in 1/2 again and remove the old strips and try again.

Like Mike said, it doesn't look too bad. Like you said, you risk doing more harm than good at this point. It shouldn't affect 501st acceptance or even EIB.

I'd leave as is.

I say leave them as-is too. If you're super picky, you can use an Xacto blade and cut the glue under strip, and run it along underneath, then redo them, but that's a lot of work.

BTW: there's a detailed tutorial here that describes how the thighs are assembled and the exact same issue you encountered and suggestions on strip sizes.

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020