FX Stunt - Work in progress

I've been working on my stunt FX.

I decided to try and put it together a little differnetly. I never liked the FX seams, so that's what I've been working on.

I know it's a FX bucket, but I'm a bondo rookie, and thought it would be good practice for future projects that I have.

Please ignore the frown paint, I just used it as a reference for the frown as I worked.

I still have some work to do (minor filling and sanding) Hit the entire bucket with some primer, final coat, trim it out, then start to get it dirty (since I've already got my proper clean gear... )

Let me know what you think for a new bondo user.

JGqSLu5.jpg

Qh3gbZC.jpgLUeHiXc.jpgaT5t5mE.jpg

Here is my latest work. You can kind of see where I'm going. I guess I'm now at the wrong site, but I just love it here... :)

I'll move along to MEPD to continue unless everyone here wants updates as well.

I was planning on using this as a base to the weathering (toothpaste this then put another coat of black on) but I'm not sure... I can't decide if I like it this way or not. I'm leaning toward too much, but then... can there really be too much???

Let me know what you think.

DSCF2196.thumb.jpg.6e8797f84ad207d74b4b183e0575a8a3.jpg

DSCF2197.thumb.jpg.b7a310e54f9867d367bec0ecf85bb549.jpg

Or I guess.... I could just start over...

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Hey Brad,

I'd say keep posting until your armor is a dirty "mess." :)

I would have to agree. Am not at all fond of the FX, but I must say that is an outstanding job!

I have wanted to do a TD myself, but just can't bring myself to do it. I,..I,,... Can't,...hold,...it back ,.........any,...

What is that on the chin?, It reminds me of underwear durge! Har, Har, Har,.Snort, Har! :lol:

"underwear durge".... interesting.... now THAT would be going "dirty"....

I did a couple of layers of paint and scratched it.

Started with Gray, then added Siler Highlights, Toothpaste some weathering, Black overcoat.

Scrub off the toothpaste, added some "iron" paint and a rusting solution - let it sit so rust could "grow", Light sand/scratch, top coat. It kind of looks "muddy" (as someone else pointed out to me) vs dirty. So perhaps I'll try to get it more dusty before it's finished.

little update. I'm waiting for some new paint for the frown and traps, so I can only weather parts.... but it's has begun.

Let me know what you think.

DSCF2200.jpg.753a15d2a73ff440209967fa2706ffc5.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated