my blaster parts kit

Those look like genuine sterling parts from APEX. You can make them fit on a Hasbro but it would be less work to fit it on a scratch build not to mention it would look better. Also right off the top of my head I can tell you that the folding stock will be 2 inches too long for the Hasbro.

I agree,

Don't put those sweet parts on a toy, those are not for a toy that is the good stuff, here is what I did with a similar set of Sterling parts I built this for my Stealth trooper armor!!! I Chromed the Sterling parts and put them on a Resin body, all sterling except for the barrel.

Ps Vern did you get my PMs about cylinders?? Was worried. Check out this Blaster!!!

AL

slthbl1.jpg

slthbl2.jpg

slthbl3.jpg

slthbl4.jpg

slthbl5.jpg

I think it's interesting that the folding stock has a sliding lock on the front.

the front catch slides along a track, and the plunger style head moves the stock lock back and forth.

as you swivel the locking plate the bar actually floats free on this springsteel part.

the shoulder cap and folding stock are worth the 125 totally!

(I think the stock itself is a very complex setup.) much different than I've seen on any scratchbuild.)

and that the rear cap is spring loaded to lock it.

hollow and notched to rotate onto the barrel rear.

the barrel rear and removable end cap rear sight and rear lock have never been

cast in resin that I've seen.

the trigger group accesses the bolt catch a lot farther back than I figured.

now I believe it's my trooper duty to make copies of everything!

good choice my friend!

for 125 you can get the parts kit from APEX.

be careful of BATF rules when assembling one of these.

Vern,

I think Apex or another vender has the pars prepped and cleaned. I was thinking of going this route I worry about BTAF Laws?

Can anyone explain in "Sterlings builds for Dummies" how to build a Sterling Mark IV with a parts kit that would be acceptable?

Andy