Cod piece:To cut or not to cut, that is the question!

Im going to revive this and ask the same question. TO CUT OR NOT TO CUT?!?!?!

I have an AP suit which I have just completed. Waiting for basic approval and obviously haven't trooped yet. Been fully suited up about 6 or 7 times now for about 30-40 mins at a time just walking around, climbing stairs etc. 

I guess I can move around enough, but I would love to be able to bend down...even a little. 

Wondering if its a 50/50 choice with most troopers, and also will it effect me in eventually gaining centurion status. 

Im 5'10" or thereabouts and around 170 pounds (77kgs).

Any insight will be muchly appreciated!

Cheers!

Deep inside I really wanna do it, but I just wanna make sure I don't ruin it by doing so. 

I have a split cod because that's how my RT-MOD came. I like it because my kit packs really nicely in a bag for air travel but I hate it because its one more set of snaps I have to deal with... and sometimes it shifts around under my belt when I am actively dancing around (which is often). It is nice because I can sorta sit in my armor because of it but at the end of the day I would rather have a one piece ab/cod plate. 

I suggest trooping it a half dozen times before you decide to do it or anything major to your armor.

Your armor is never "done" anyways so just add it to the list of things you plan to tweak someday. 

It will not hinder your centurion approval at all. 

-Eric

• Like 2