easy pauldron mod

dashrazor

i got my custom red pauldron from TK boots and i have to say it is very nice.. but unfortunately i have to hack it up to make it look more like the pauldron in the game ;) bending it without modding is nearly imposable i tried everything i could think of... so i traced the pauldron onto a piece of sheet metal

GD2Wrzb.jpg

i was then able to figure out the ideal places to make my cuts without them being noticeable...

first i removed the velcro straps by drilling out the rivets, then i made 2 cuts on each side whre the old rivet holes were (i cut about 1/4 inch beyond the old holes)

sQFbgvb.jpg

then i bent the pauldron down and hot glued it in place

Jd4beIj.jpg

after i drilled new rivet holes and put screws in to hold on the velcro straps (this also covers up the cuts ;))

CMbEc2B.jpg

after that i made a slit in the fabric on the back side of the pauldron (it is glued a bit but soaking in hot water will fix that). i took an old yogurt container and cut a piece out and inserted it between the layers to give the curved look.

7TnNEvB.jpgwtxmnfW.jpg

then i just put black duct tape over the cut and done :D

ziFLnwD.jpg

Smart - and paving the way will be a big help for all ICN's that want to go take their costume to the next level. :salute:

Nice mod.

But you're now heavier and cannot do Karate moves!

at one point i was actually thinking of lining my entire kit with stainless sheet metal :D idk i may still do it...

As of today, ICN is the only costume we cover without a single EIB awardee. I'll cover the gold coin + shipping to the first trooper who reaches it. :)