IF TM MADE LAGER :-) I AM SOOO HAPPY

IF TM MADE LAGER.....

It would probably be the best in the world :-)

Seriously I think his armour may just be.

Firstly my thanks to Paul on his patience while I got funds together and for such a speedy delvery and being an absoulte gent with his correspondance and service.

I cannot say how pleased I am to own this armour, I have owned a few in the past but this is SUPERB, it cries quality the minute you see it for real.

Cleanforms, amazing detail and a nice guy who happily offers advice. People like this are why I joined the forums.

Well here are the pics.

Dj5lFND.jpg

IFVuimN.jpg

I really want to make as best a job as I can on this so please, anyone with TM experience, could you please help on a few comments at the bottom, mainly tools really.

I am making a list of all I need and I am gradually saving reference pages from here and other forums for reference and pics that will help on the build.

Any advice very much welcome.

1. What is the best tool to trim with rather than a blade, I am UK but have seen snips used, can anyone advise on the best

2. I see snaps and rivets used for screen acurracy, again UK if possible can someone point me in the right direction of make and model, where from if possible.

3. Where can I onbtain a good canvas belt.

4. Where best to get earth magnets and what size, how many.

5. Any other tips.

Helmet will be handpainted ad I will use E6000 throughout

Thnakyou

THANKS AGAIN PAUL>

Enjoy and if you get 1 set of armour in a lifetime, I say TM all the way :-)

Best wishes

Gra

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

:smiley-sw013:

On 5/26/2010 at 6:53 AM, tk7713gra30 said:

IF TM MADE LAGER.....

It would probably be the best in the world :-)

Best wishes

Gra

Nice one Graham ,Paul is spot on with his armour i know i enjoyed my TM build ,iam also a UK trooper , i trimmed my armour with snips and curved sissors that i got from ebay the snaps i brought from hobbycraft they are camping snaps come in black or crome,the canvas belt i obtained from rob in the USA they are made to a very high standed. the earth magnets i brought from ebay i brought x 60 of them 20 mm in diamiter 3 mm thickness, plenty strong to do the job, other tips i would say take your time dont rush it and most of all enjoy it Graham, look forward to seeing lots of pics of your build.

Cheers Steve :dancing-trooper:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Nice one Graham ,Paul is spot on with his armour i know i enjoyed my TM build ,iam also a UK trooper , i trimmed my armour with snips and curved sissors that i got from ebay the snaps i brought from hobbycraft they are camping snaps come in black or crome,the canvas belt i obtained from rob in the USA they are made to a very high standed. the earth magnets i brought from ebay i brought x 60 of them 20 mm in diamiter 3 mm thickness, plenty strong to do the job, other tips i would say take your time dont rush it and most of all enjoy it Graham, look forward to seeing lots of pics of your build.

Cheers Steve :dancing-trooper:

Thankyou both.

Funnily I have just emailed Rob for the belt so looks like I am on track that way.

Thanks Steve and Stuka for helping already, on to it now, do you mind if I PM?

I actually followed Stuka a while back and you swayed me to TM mate, not that it needed much but your page is safely secure in my favourites from well before I ordered.

I admired the work often and thanks Steve for being so precise, feeling a bit more comfortable now.

I am not too bad a figure painter but I am a bit wary to putting a blade to such a quality armour, its too good to keep in a box though :-)

Thanks guys and will keep you posted.

All the best

Gra

Edited by tk7713gra30

For a great canvas belt I urge you to RUN, don't walk to TK4205's vintage cargo strap thread in the Ongoing Sales & Project Orders forum.

Ordering appears to be closed at the moment but keep an eye out, this stuff is the ducks nuts.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 5/26/2010 at 8:02 AM, Mötley Trüeper said:

For a great canvas belt I urge you to RUN, don't walk to TK4205's vintage cargo strap thread in the Ongoing Sales & Project Orders forum.

Ordering appears to be closed at the moment but keep an eye out, this stuff is the ducks nuts.

----------

Thanks Marc,

I also have a TD that I am doing so I actually will need 2 belts, its an old MFX with a AP helmet but now I have my TM I am more than happy to go dirty on that

I certainly will be keeping my eye out, all being well I will get Robs and one of those.

My aim is to have the TM on display in my props room, I will wear it occasionally, and my TD for a bit of fun.

Thanks again mate

Gra

Edited by gmrhodes13

Congratulations on receipt of your lovely armour. I'll be downing plenty of lager whilst I patiently wait my turn. :lol:

If you need any sources for some of the tools you mentioned (snips, magnets etc.), PM me and I'll dig them out for you. I got most of my stuff online from UK suppliers.

Have fun building.

Congratulations on receipt of your lovely armour. I'll be downing plenty of lager whilst I patiently wait my turn. :lol:

If you need any sources for some of the tools you mentioned (snips, magnets etc.), PM me and I'll dig them out for you. I got most of my stuff online from UK suppliers.

Have fun building.

He he Richard,

I have been up all night studying what I have, a few cans too but work soon.

Thanks mate and I will hold you to that if you don't mind as I want to make sure this is done proper.

Tools are the main thing,one wrong cut ;-(

Cheers mate and thanks to all already

Gra

Have fun building.

Many thanks to you all and thanks Rich for all your help

Apologies but I have been away over the weekend since last Thur.

Kindest regards and will keep you posted

Thankyou

graham