Im looking to upgrade my fans. Advice?

Hey all,

I am looking to upgrade my fans. I've already got a couple fans in there.

I need something powerful though to give me air in my bucket and to help keep my lenses from fogging.

(it's a heck of a lot different trooping here in Florida than in NY. lol

PICS and TUTORIALS would be fantastic!

(Or links.)

Thanks all! 8)

UPDATE: Thanks guys. I actually had a local trooper help me with the set up. I ended up going with some cpu cooling fans from Comp USA and a Lipo battery pack. Works great. No more air problems for this trooper!

Thanks again for all the helpful info!

Edited by HAWK

On 5/17/2010 at 4:39 AM, HAWK said:

Hey all,

I am looking to upgrade my fans. I've already got a couple fans in there.

I need something powerful though to give me air in my bucket and to help keep my lenses from fogging.

(it's a heck of a lot different trooping here in Florida than in NY. lol

PICS and TUTORIALS would be fantastic!

(Or links.)

Thanks all! 8)

Jason,

I got both fans seen here... --------

I have the micro one mounted to the right of my lens blowing across. And the other one in the lower left just left of the left hovi. Here's a pic.

----------

I used a little foam on the micro lens fan to give it room to draw in air. Works great.

Hope that helps!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I get hot in my helmet and I live in Seattle so I would hate to think of Florida. I'll be at C5 this year so will get my chance. OK, here's what I did. I actually cut out the black stripes on the back of the helmet and mounted squirrel cage fans over the openings. they suck in fresh air and blow it around the side of the helmet towards the front. It really helps me keep coo. Second, create an air damn around the mouth area of the helmet. This air damn should touch your face and divert your breath downward away from the lens. thirdly, I have one other idea for keeping cool but have not tried it yet. I have reusable ice packs which go in a cool vest. You could get a pack and stick in in the top of the helmet in place of padding. That will help keep the head cool for about 2 hours. I have a thread on here some where showing photos of what I've done to my helmet. I'll see if I can find them and link em.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I actually had a local trooper help me with the set up. I ended up going with some cpu cooling fans from Comp USA and a Lipo battery pack. Works great. No more air problems for this trooper!

Thanks again for all the helpful info!