Ebay Helmets

imm0rtal reaper

Hey guys, tried building my FX helmet today and FAILED. So now I have to get another helmet. I've seen a couple on ebay and was hoping some of the more seasoned troopers could take a look and tell me if any are worth getting.

Here are the links:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-WARS-STORMTROOPER-HELMET-ANH-FULL-SIZE-1-1-/150441797477?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item230707a765

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-WARS-STORM-TROOPER-HELMET-/320530753080?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item4aa11f2638

Any help would be greatly appriciated :D

Cheers

Reaper

eh? Not crazy about either, but if I had to choose... probably the second one. Just buy an assembled TM or something like that.

Edited by jawa001

Well pretty much ruined. After much fiddling and adjustment I finally got the pieces to go together, but there are massive gaps on the ear pieces and around the brow. Also, after putting it on I decided I'd like a more screen acurate one. Does anyone know where I could get a ANH screen acurate helmet for 80-100 pounds?

Cheers

Reaper

As noted in another thread, the new eFX on the Redford Films site appears to be an MRCE with a black ESB-style frown. Not that that's a bad thing - lots of troopers use MRCE and it's certainly EIB-qualified with a few mods. A good alternative to the FX bucket at a reasonable cost if you ask me, especially if you prefer the idealized look and you're looking for something preassembled.

Besides, MRCEs had been getting expensive & hard to find as of late, so it's good that they are becoming available again at a reasonable price.