The Waiting is the Hardest Part!

Finally we have ordered and paid for 4 sets of armor. It has been quite the search and wait but we finally found a former to get the job done. Pics will be up of the band after we finish fitting. This forum has given me so much tips and insight on trooper armor. Im really looking forward to the completion of this project!!!

we've been around for over two years now. Our guitar player came up with the name after being inspired by the first clerks movie 15 years ago and in a pinch before our first show we started playing under the name. People have always asked about us playing in armor and sum gave us hell for not wearing armor when we performed. so after 6 months of researching all armor options and another 2 months of saving i finally found someone to form for me at what i consider a very fair price. I knew we needed 4 sets of them and i would need pieces replaced over time which made regular production armor out of the question. These forums really helped me through the process and helped me avoid making a few mistakes so far. And technically we are "Independent Contractors to th Empire"....lol

Have you ever worn a TK helmet yet? If not, you'll be very surprised by how hard it is to see anything below your nose. Don't drop a guitar pick or a drum stick, you'll never find it wearing that helmet, or be able to bend over to the floor to pick it up! Keep your stage clear of any cables and wires too, as you won't be able to see those coming either! Great concept though, I'd love to see a video of you guys in armor rocking it!

Yes, you'll find out you'll need a lot of customization to get a reasonable degree of freedom of movement.

And you'll need a stage assistant always! :lol: (some friend at least).

But a great name and a great idea! :duim:

When I start playing again I'm planning on using the armor sometime (but it must be during the winter, I guess :P )

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive been so caught up in building that i have forgoten this thread....heres a pic of me(left) and our bass player Josh(right)

We have both trimmed out our left forearms for added movement and yes we can play guitars in these things!!! touching the ground is another story....lol

Last night josh split his cod piece in hopes of being able to bend over. it helped but didnt quite do the trick.

Our drummer is doing heavy trimming at the moment. its getting kinda crazy!!! im kinda worried that his stage armor will not pass 501st or EIB requirements but if he cant play in it whats the point right? Next Week will be gluing and fitting.

Our other guitar player is still in the trimming stages. Bieng 6'4, skinny and the biggest calve ive ever seen is taking a bit more thought. we are using a 40 mil cover strip on the calve!!! We havent even started to think about how we are going to keep his other shin over his prosthetic. But we do have 4 heads working together and tons of help from everyone in forums.

tkfam-1.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated