Where to buy Plasti-Weld?

Ok where can I find Plasti-Weld? I went to Michaels Crafts,& Walmart today & called Beverly's Fabrics.(they have a large craft section) No one knew what I was talking about. I described it to them from the pictures I've seen on here. I've checked online, but nothing. Im ready to attach my snaps, but am held up by this lil problem :6:

There are a few Ace Hardwares here in town. I will check a few tomorrow. I read some of the old posts & it said hobby stores should carry it. I found one in phone book. But my phone book is over 5yrs old. Not sure if the store is still round. :blink:

are you talking about

-----

or

-----

The top one I had to order. did not care for it much.

the bottom one is ROCK Solid, but a pain to mix and use, waste a lot, and smells terrible.

Anyway... are you attaching your snap plates to the inside of your armor? Why not just use E6000?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

On 4/28/2010 at 1:19 AM, Chunk said:

I read on here to apply Plasti Weld around the homemade tabs for the snaps. I can use the E6000 & it will hold? I have this left over :dancing-trooper:

I think I said that somewhere. But I used E6000 under all of my tabs anyhow. PLastic weld will snap right off, with out some E6000 under them. I only used plastic weld around the edges, just for esthetics. E6000 will do the job just fine, just clamp 'em down. The stuff really grips it pretty good. Also, I always scuff up both surfaces with some sand paper, to really give it something to hold onto. When it's smooth, it's more likely to pull off.

My Build: -----

Jess

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020