Site Upgrade Request

dashrazor

i really think a live chat feature such as a java IRC/MIRC client would be great. not only would it allow real time communication, it would also allow the direct sharing of digital media between users :D like photos,rare footage,ect...

I think I read something about that some time ago. I don't know if something came out of it.

I don't know if it's the right moment (with all the changes and all the work needed right now, specially with the CRLs), but in due time I think it can help to spice up the place. :D

But I think and AJAX client (maybe over IRC or Jabber) could be a better option. Or even just plain AJAX.

In the meantime, I think that creating a Detachment channel on one of the big IRC servers (like freenode) is pretty easy to do, and would not disrupt the work being done on the site right now.

Cheers.

The JRS has a chat profile and a regular chat session, so it's certainly feasible. Let me check the forum software and do some research if I may.