E-11 weathering

Since the E-11 is nearly new in most scenes in Star Wars, you should focus on a very good base coat. Since the Hasbro is plastic, and you want to look like steel, use Bondo Glaze filler to fill the fabrication holes (for screws), as well as removing any STAR WARS branding on the gun with files and/or sandpaper. Prime twice, Gloss black 2 coats, then hit with a Testor's Dull Coat (optional).

Use a Silver Leaf paint pen for glossy metallic weathering, and use Krylon silver sprayed onto an old torn up Tee-Shirt, and gently rub the gun. The aluminum will gather on detail spots.

I did this method on my clone DC-15 rifle and a pair of DC-17 pistols for a friend... the results were quite good.

Experiment.

Good Luck,

John

I just picked up my hasbro E-11 and i have the resin parts coming any good hints on painting and weather <never done weathering before>

troopermaster said:
Here you go matey 

Wow!!!! This sucks I have to check out the link at home my work is blocking it!!!!!!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

i paint mine with a silver base coat THEN put the black coat over that...that way it wears the black off and reveals the silver

which IMO looks more natural than dry brushing, etc

you can always speed up the process by scraping the hard ridges to let the silver come through too

I have used the sci fire weathering on a couple, works great...

I also found a new way to "paint" my last one. It is a rubber spray. it goes on flat black, has a slight texture, doesnt lose definition of the blaster itself, works REAL nice. I will try to find some pics tonight and get them posted, along with the name of the said spray...

Boozel

troopermaster said:
Here you go matey 

yup...thats pretty much what i do :)

Edited by gmrhodes13

I looked, but cant seem to find the can of stuff, I have one more place to check.

here are some pics of the blaster i built for my 4yo son.

I am building him a set of armor, bucket and blaster are done, working on the rest.

Boozel

n3gom6L.jpgK4pt7fu.jpgYWE1DHc.jpg

I have the defualt E-11 from hasbro

-----

I have a few questions before I start:

1. What is everyone puting on the ends of the scopes

2. What glue is recommened

Edited by gmrhodes13

hijack for a moment...sorry

you say you are getting new blue vent stickers? Great but they need to be higher up on the "tube" only about a quarter inch below where the tube starts to bend outwards.

true laspector, but you have to realize this bucket is about 50% smaller than an FX, and way smaller than an RT. round abouts it is about 1" shorter than a Rubies.

Getting stripes to look anywhere near good is kinda tough. But I do appreciate the critique B)

Hijack over....

I used Epoxy glue, but I split mine in half, and screw as many things in from the inside as I can to be more secure.

As far as the end of the scope, I cut off the tip, cut out a circle of ABS, cut of a gel tip pen cap, glue of center. that is how I did my drop tip.

Hope this helps and doesnt hinder.

Boozel

I do the same thing Boozel does by cutting off the tip and adding a disk of flat plastic, but then I cut a new hole lower down and epoxy in using Plastiweld or Plastic Fusion plastic epoxy a short piece of 3/8" PVC pipe. Then I put in 3 small screws into the plastic disk at the 12 noon, 2, and 10 o'clock positions to simulate the screws in the actual scope. I need to post photos when I get a chance.

• 3 weeks later...