Recommendation

lol :lol:!! i never really noticed that until you posted it.. but im sure it is that way for good reasons like server space, page load times, ect...

Which ones are you referring too? I ask in that most default images have been updated, but not all.

i believe he is referring to the thumbnails on the main index page f_unread.png

i didn't even notice it until quebectrooper pointed it out

i think somthing like this

icons.jpg

That would be cool but I'm not sure how to implement w/o custom code. There are post icons that one can use, but topic icons are global and fall in to a few discrete categories, e.g. read, unread, read-only, etc.

I think it's a cool idea - it could turn out to be pretty easy to do - I just have to look through the code (alas I'm a .Net guy, not a php guy).

That would be cool but I'm not sure how to implement w/o custom code. There are post icons that one can use, but topic icons are global and fall in to a few discrete categories, e.g. read, unread, read-only, etc.

I think it's a cool idea - it could turn out to be pretty easy to do - I just have to look through the code (alas I'm a .Net guy, not a php guy).

i remember doing this on my old diablo 2 clan forums back in the day i think i used a acp mod code like this http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/2285. this is older code so i am not sure if it will work nowdays :D.. i remeber it was pretty easy but that was years ago when i was a script kiddie