Belt for ROTJ

I recently came across some heavy duty webbing at work, and when I saw it I though it looked perfect for the smaller width ROTJ belt.

P1010294-1.jpg

P1010295-2.jpg

It is 60mm wide and over twice the thickness of standard polypropylene webbing.

I'll be replacing my current 50mm belt with this stuff this week, and will get some more pics up then.

Let me know what you think.

Edited by TK-J

The width is very good and I like the thickness. Is it a white? Off-white? The pic makes it look slightly gray.

Shawn, you're correct on both counts: I'm wondering about the color and also, to date, you have the coolest use of the beret flash in a signature :salute:

The width is very good and I like the thickness. Is it a white? Off-white? The pic makes it look slightly gray.

It's an off-white. But it has been sitting in a dusty shed for some while. I'll be running it thru the machine a few more times yet.

And I just sprayed a sample of it with the white shoe dye paint and there isn't that great a color difference.

Edited by TK-J

• 2 weeks later...

This material is great! I received two lengths of it today. Thanks for that, J! I compared it to the color of my armor and though it isn't a precise match, it's pretty close. I don't plan on doing anything to it. I'm going to use it as-is. The shiny side will definitely be worn on the inside, though.

This stuff is thick! Strength should not be a problem.

I'll get my brother in-law to carefully drill out the rivets holding my current belt to my trooper torso and we'll set up this new belt.

Edited by Nassik

This material is great! I received two lengths of it today. Thanks for that, J! I compared it to the color of my armor and though it isn't a precise match, it's pretty close. I don't plan on doing anything to it. I'm going to use it as-is. The shiny side will definitely be worn on the inside, though.

This stuff is thick! Strength should not be a problem.

I'll get my brother in-law to carefully drill out the rivets holding my current belt to my trooper torso and we'll set up this new belt.

Glad you like it mate :D . I'm yet to put it on my kit, maybe this weekend.